British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcCaffery

Charlie Webster - Malaria

Former Sky Sports pit interviewer and Sky Sports News presenter Charlie Webster has just appeared on BBC News' Victoria Derbyshire programme in her new role as a campaigner to fight malaria. She had a serious, life-threatening attack while on a charity bike ride to the Rio Olympics in 2016. 

I thought some might be interested in what happened to her. Sad to hear she was so close to death. 

• Like 1

don't wish her ill but waiting for her to backtrack on her Ched Evans hysteria now that he's been cleared. 

• Like 3

Not the place or time for past grudges. The girl was close to death for quite some time. I think she has gone through enough. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Not the place or time for past grudges. The girl was close to death for quite some time. I think she has gone through enough. 

Quite agree and Ched was hardly innocent was he.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Former Sky Sports pit interviewer and Sky Sports News presenter Charlie Webster has just appeared on BBC News' Victoria Derbyshire programme in her new role as a campaigner to fight malaria. She had a serious, life-threatening attack while on a charity bike ride to the Rio Olympics in 2016. 

I thought some might be interested in what happened to her. Sad to hear she was so close to death. 

I think the 'Charlie Webster fighting for her life' thread dealt with it all at the time:rolleyes:

• Sad 1

I'll say no more other than none of the parties came out of the event with credit.

7 hours ago, iris123 said:

I think the 'Charlie Webster fighting for her life' thread dealt with it all at the time:rolleyes:

This is a new item, read Rob's post. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

This is a new item, read Rob's post. :rolleyes:

I did.Nothing new apart from she was on Telly talking about the incident.Could have just been added to the previous thread on the subject,although it seemed to me he didn’t search to see if one existed

• Like 1

That is what it say's in the forum guidelines!! DOn't like 'em,join a forum that fit your requirements or start your own........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

That is what it say's in the forum guidelines!! DOn't like 'em,join a forum that fit your requirements or start your own........

How many people do? I have seen several threads on the same subject.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Sometimes when in a hole it is better to chuck the shovel away rather than keep digging......

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Sometimes when in a hole it is better to chuck the shovel away rather than keep digging......

Unlike you who uses a JCB.

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

How many people do? I have seen several threads on the same subject.

...personally I rarely bother trawling thru' to see if there is a similar thread on any particular subject before starting one.

• Like 1

Yes of course we have had umpteen threads about a Dirk Bogarde film that features speedway.I guess you can't really expect people who push a door when it say's 'pull' on it,to follow guidelines.But Rob is a superior sort of speedway fan,so he tells usB)