British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Lakeside 21st April

I might be mistaken but I thought Nico had ridden in France so should not be race rusty but perhaps a little unsure about the track changes. It would be great to see them get a good result but I cannot help thinking that a lack of track time as a team is going to hamper progress and with so few fixtures it must be difficult for them get some momentum. Fingers crossed that they can overcome the obstacles that this seasons set up presents. Maybe time for one league and back to regular weekly meetings. Maybe start in Mid to late April rather than March and run through to September with October exclusive for play offs whatever the status at the end of September. Teams that have not completed fixtures is just tough. Thems should be the rules. Let’s hope for a good win on Saturday and no injuries.

Hawk 127 ..I'd go along with those ideas..something needs to be done.to improve the speedway season.............I think this match will be a close one...Good luck to all the riders...

To have any chance of progress we need to stop Lakeside taking even a point

We will need to be 10x better than the first meeting to do that and cant afford too many last places

Im confident we will win but hitting 50+ will be tough

Well 

I know we've had a lack of track time. 

I know Foxhall is slightly different this year.

I know the track had to be slick last time around. 

I know we have riders coming back from injuries. 

However one or two of the Witches certainly need to be getting their backsides into gear sooner rather than later because if there's not great improvement quickly things could get difficult when we start the league season. 

And the high flying Nick Morris Adam Ellis rode last night, tonight and tomorrow night;) so really in the groove

Nico has ridden in 3 rounds of the Italian Champs this year so certainly been getting track time. In fact Michael rode in the 1st round too. 

There was nearly an hour before the curfew last home meeting so they could have used that.....

Those travelling from Essex need to be aware that in recent weeks Foxhall Road has been closed for roadworks at the roundabout to Heath Road. Although they are supposed to be completed by tomorrow they have already overrun so there is no guarantee they won't continue into the weekend. It is advisable to continue past the Nacton exit from the A14 then come off for the A12 joining Foxhall Road at the roundabout southbound either to the main entrance (now on your right) or the alternative via Bell Lane. Also, be prepared for overnight closures to the Essex section of the A12.

Supposed to be but won't be... a Foxhall Road resident recently was sent a letter saying they had over run again and about another month....

Last week the a12 was closed so you couldn't travel back over the Orwell Bridge

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

3 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Supposed to be but won't be... a Foxhall Road resident recently was sent a letter saying they had over run again and about another month....

Last week the a12 was closed so you couldn't travel back over the Orwell Bridge

I think it might be open until 10pm although you couldn't get onto the A14 from A12 when I came to the Peterborough instead directed back down Felixstowe Road although the exit at Nacton was still open.

17 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Could there be less?

This hot weather not going to help is it...

There's been lots and lots of rain offs in the UK and now it's to hot - love it