British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Lakeside 21st April

Giving this one a miss, son wants to go to football in stead Ips V Villa - £25 for an adult, £1 for a student up to 19 yo. - Works out £3 cheaper than Speedway for me so a happy mum too! 

Witches need to win this one, if not I think Chris should have got new riders in this year who could quickly adapt to the new track changes.

Spending more cash changing the shape yet again and finding half the team he had now can't get on with it is not to clever.

Or is it just some of the riders who we have can't learn new tricks or is there is no money left for any dirt on the outside line for any possible passing options?

26 minutes ago, Emma T said:

Giving this one a miss, son wants to go to football in stead Ips V Villa - £25 for an adult, £1 for a student up to 19 yo. - Works out £3 cheaper than Speedway for me so a happy mum too! 

£1 for a student... that's something the Witches need to do. Wonder how many more will do the same.?

As for the riders.. . Why couldn't any of the Ipswich team see that you need to ride the inside? 

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

With lakeside probably having the best number one in the league, since he is also a top league number one..a newly shaped track that should suit Ellis perfectly and good back up with Lawson and Newman..add to that our out of sorts Helps and Covatti, I think the Hammers will be taking the win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

With lakeside probably having the best number one in the league, since he is also a top league number one..a newly shaped track that should suit Ellis perfectly and good back up with Lawson and Newman..add to that our out of sorts Helps and Covatti, I think the Hammers will be taking the win.

I hope you’re right!

I think it’s probably quite fortunate timing for us to be visiting. Still, much stranger things have happened in speedway!

Regarding the Orwell Bridge. -

"Work to resurface the concrete carriageway between Orwell and Levington and the carriageway between Levington and junction 62 continues this week. The work is being carried out in sections between 8pm and 6am each night (Monday to Friday)."

so looks like it will be fine for tonight

Well the football club have made it easier for any fans going to both .. any thing after the afternoons performance will be better! ;) 

At least one Ipswich side has been victorious today... well done the U14 Eagles after a last heat 7-2 to win their Suffolk junior league match today :D:D

3 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

So the track is meant to back to what the Ipswich riders are more accustomed to tonight.

Yup certainly looks like it! Now let’s see what they can do..

So when will the management realise that we should have our strongest riders at 1 and 5.

• Like 1