British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Lakeside 21st April

Well done to the Hammers - only by a point but a win is a win and never behind all night.

Lakeside win by one point WOW ..nail biting finish

Huzzah! An away win that wins the group. Well done the Hammers.

Is it lack of track time for the witches. Can they make it in the league. I suspect the jury is out on both but with a short programme of home matches and not just for Ipswich this is a make or break season for clubs with little oppprtunity to catch up or turn the season around. You really cannot see the current team succeeding away from home. I really hope I am wrong. Well done Lakeside but for all the hullabaloo Ipswich are no where near odds on to make the play offs. I hope they make it and while it is early doors one cannot get overly optimistic. Where has it all gone wrong for speedway and Ipswich. 

Well done to the team that are no good on away tracks.

Comiserations to Ippo. Nobody likes losing at home. The Witches seem like a bit of a two man team at the moment.

• Like 1

Its always disappointing to lose but at least there was a bit more of a spectacle tonight

Track was difficult - more than a little rough and rather patchy

We never really got going again and 1 or 2 need to give themselves a shake

Can there be any positives? You could argue that half a wheel in the right place in heat 15 in both home meetings wouldve resulted in 2 5-1s and 2 wins despite looking poor overall. It is only those small margins that are the difference.

Second bend was dreadful today - you could see them bouncing over a couple of bumps so then as they land grab a handful of grip and get launched towards the fence

fairplay to lakeside rode hard and deserved the result

felt sorry for nico found himself in the wrong place a couple of times needs to maybe make better decisions!

heeps needs to make some starts desperately

german looking more and more confident

Reserves need to work hard - need more from them both at home

impressed with Ellis last Friday and tonight - all on the new godden engine will be interesting how long before we start to see more and more of them! If people keep getting beat they’ll soon be wanting one!!

I thought 1 fan would have a view on Ipswich loss tonight obviously not as he is more interested in poole lol 

Looks like another trophyless season at foxhall gavan lol hahaha 

• Thanks 1

He's got his head buried deep in the stats of the Poole thread to be noticing what's going on at Ipswich Paddy.  Tut tut. And all those reports in the Star saying Ipswich for the Title. All bigged up just like our club. Poor soul. He must be so embarrassed.  I just couldn't resist this one! 

Edited by Mr X

10 hours ago, Paddy The Rebel said:

I thought 1 fan would have a view on Ipswich loss tonight obviously not as he is more interested in poole lol 

Looks like another trophyless season at foxhall gavan lol hahaha 

Ah you missing me.

Havent seen you on the Poole thread another new name for someone.

Funnily enough i was out with my children last night its what parents do.

Is the sport all about winning trophys then or is that the Poole mantra , win at all costs.

Im happy to see my team race and will support them through thick and thin......unlike many Poole fans who disappear when they start to lose.

And lets be fair Poole have a vast majority of morons on here so the Poole threads are such fun

TBH didn't expect a win last night, and sure enough a sickening 1 point loss. That was a very good Lakeside team, and when you get Bowtell going, will be hard to beat anywhere. Think I found the Peterborough loss harder to take.

I think we all know where the problems are at the moment, the lack of fixtures going forward is a worry if we go out of the other cup as well, so possibly if RH and CL can get a decent guest in for Nico who will back up Danny and Rory, it might take the pressure off a bit and get Cam, Connor and Danyon going. Our reserves are probably the weakest in the league so that doesn't help.

Congrats to Lakeside on the win

Danny really needs to look out for his team mates, he was at fault for Nico coming off in heat 13 as he totally blocked Nico's line, and couldn't he try to slow Morris down in heat 15 to give Rory a chance. People will say he is doing his job if he is winning races but there is no I in team. Hope Nico is alright.

As stated before why don't the riders get some track time in after the meeting, only Danyon out there, not good enough.

• Like 1