British Speedway Forum
waco

Lakeside v Redcar frid 20th April 8pm

Looks a home banker but hey if the racing is good that is the main thing as far as I'm concerned........

Will be no JBA for the Bears as racing in Denmark - I believe Doolan will guest in his place.

2 hours ago, boz said:

Will be no JBA for the Bears as racing in Denmark - I believe Doolan will guest in his place.

Huh. Could be worse 

15 hours ago, boz said:

Not a bad guest!

15 hours ago, waco said:

Looks a home banker but hey if the racing is good that is the main thing as far as I'm concerned........

Agreed Waco - hopefully some entertaining racing and some points on the league table!

Morris and Ellis will be taking some good form into the meeting. I would expect a big win.

At the beginning of the season I thought we had two second strings at 3 and4 ,,But Ellis has been a revelation an undoubted heat  leader making the team a really solid. Outfit,,..Hopefully  Bowtell will continue to be more controlled which will help his improvement. ,,Morley is riding well just needs a bit more luck in running to increase his. Points tally..Zac has started very well coming back from injury..Newman s doing his job,,.Morris and Lawson are flying...So it is all looking good for a fabulous season..Up the Hammers

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

As already mentioned Hammers' riders were in action for their Premiership clubs yesterday. Nick dropped just one point leading  Swindon to a convincing victory at Poole whilst Adam scored 7 (a win and two paid wins) and Zach, 3. Meanwhile Richard scored 9 (two wins and a paid win) for Somerset v Leicester for whom Kyle collected 11 + 1 from the reserve berth. Whilst all this was going on, Alfie qualified for the 'under 21' final with 10 points, which could have been 13 had he not fallen when leading his opening heat, and joins prospective Hammer, Jason Edwards, who had already achieved qualification at Eastbourne. Ben leads out Isle of Wight this evening.

All very encouraging.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

Lakeside web site mentions road closures around the Raceway - any details anyone?

Checked AA site and it appears the road is closed from the Arena roundabout to the next two roundabouts along the arterial road, I can't see why we would not be able to access the stadium in the normal manner as you can still get to the retail park at Lakeside off that same roundabout, its just that if you like me normally come from the A13 direction via the A1012 you will need to stay on the A13 to the next junction effectively going back on yourself.

If Police are stopping movement on the Arena roundabout (U turning the traffic prior to the roundabout itself, we are in big trouble, as there is no other way to access the stadium, the back entrance is slap bang in the middle of the closed section.

Apparently there is an ongoing Police investigation. One would think they would want to get the roads open ASAP but as usual the police tell you nothing. 

I hear it is starting to clear. 

More

15.55pm update. We are waiting for confirmation from the police regarding the re-opening of the roads around the Raceway. This is due around 4.30pm. We will update as soon as we hear.

This was taken from the Lakeside twitter page, hopefully things will get the all clear very soon.

23 minutes ago, screm said:
More

15.55pm update. We are waiting for confirmation from the police regarding the re-opening of the roads around the Raceway. This is due around 4.30pm. We will update as soon as we hear.

This was taken from the Lakeside twitter page, hopefully things will get the all clear very soon.

Lakeside report all clear now:

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/4-45-update-all-systems-go/