British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/04/18 - Premiership - Swindon v King’s Lynn

Picking up a point would be a good night for the Stars.

• Like 1

Only Suggested Auty as there now seems to be a very strong tie up with Scunthorpe.  Plus he was with us before.

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Of course the problem with all the riders named is that you would lose the benefit of having Kerr at reserve.

Does it work like that Baggy, or does the guest just take the place and position of the man he is replacing ?

Apologies, I thought we were talking about new signings. I could be wrong but I think it's R/R only for second strings.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Apologies, I thought we were talking about new signings. I could be wrong but I think it's R/R only for second strings.

You're right, only r/r for 2nd strings if only one missing, if both missing guest + r/r. Guest if doubling up rider missing.

Well its Thursday in Swindon and the weather is absolutely mint!!! A rarity if ever there is one! Looking forward to the Morris vs NKI clashes. They have had some good races down the years at our place.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Gotcha, we were at cross purposes on that one.   So As we cannot use a guest for Rose, I hope Buster/Dale/Robin will get a short term replacement in.  After last nights start to the season lets keep the pot bubbling. A decent rider, but as important is to get the right character in.   No more Folders or Brat's in.    Let other's have the 'pleasure' of those types.

No bones broken for Rose.

UPDATE | NOTHING BROKEN for Lewis Rose but he has strained muscles and ligaments in the wrist so R/R covers his rides at Swindon tonight.
See you back very soon, Lewis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Well its Thursday in Swindon and the weather is absolutely mint!!! A rarity if ever there is one! Looking forward to the Morris vs NKI clashes. They have had some good races down the years at our place.

Indeed...any of the top 5 could beat NKI tonight

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What makes you say that?

Losing Kerr from reserve could  happen at the end of the month anyway??

Edited by g13webb

27 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Swindon should win the meeting tonight. 

I wonder if R Lambert is going to be better than usual at Swindon,  he did very well last night and we need the young Brits to progress.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

Losing Kerr from reserve could  happen at the end of the month anyway??

Not unless you've ridden 4 home and 4 away it won't.

Swindon by 10. Tonight we will find out whether Swindon are as good as last night's result suggests or was we so bad we made Swindon look like Unia Leszno. 

KL need Kerr to have a blinder to get a point out of this. 

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Not unless you've ridden 4 home and 4 away it won't.

Really !!    I thought this years scores were added on to their existing to update their CMA each month.   So if as you say, that is the case  am I to believe all riders have to do likewise and all of them receive  a new average after they have rode in 4H & 4A.

NB:   Always a difficult place to go and be successful.   i would like to think we are good enough to get a point,  but a safe meeting with  no reoccurrence of last weeks accidents will do... 

Edited by g13webb
NB added...