British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/04/18 - Premiership - Swindon v King’s Lynn

The season is a long one and I'm sure he'll come good. Showed his class in winning heat 15 tonight. I thought it looked like machine rather than man which held him back a bit last night but he'll get there, he's too good a rider not to.

17 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

The Lambert one was ridiculous!

I think if you had this ref each week you would sign james  sargeant .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Updates saying gates 1+3 superior,is that correct?

Nine (count them!) wins from Gate 3. Four wins from Gate 1. Only a single win for each of Gate 2 and Gate 4.

57 minutes ago, Harry The Goat said:

Nine (count them!) wins from Gate 3. Four wins from Gate 1. Only a single win for each of Gate 2 and Gate 4.

Gate 3 37 points Gate 1 25 points Gate 2 16 points Gate 4 12 points

1 and 3 total 62

2 and 4 total 28.

Only Batch won from gate 2 and Morris only winner from Gate 4.

44 minutes ago, ouch said:

Was there much passing after the first lap?

3 as far as I can remember

Edited by Anzum

I’d put money on it being the back straight 

I cant believe these comments on here questioning the performance of NKI.  He was sidelined last year with a bad injury. he's been out of action for nearly 9months and you expect him to jump back on a bike and immediately recapture his old self.   What are you people like.    Give him a month or so and then judge him.    I witnessed enough from him on Wednesday to see he is someway off the form  we know he can produce, but he still did more than enough to silence his doubters....

Last night, in Ht15, with our backs against the wall. he was  one of those nominated to rescue something from the meeting and dutifully came up with the goods. No, I have no worries about NKI returning to his former self.....

I thought we performed really well to come away from Swindon with a point.  Hadn't it been for Roberts engine troubles, and Rose's accident, the result could have been even closer......  

After waiting what seemed like an eternity,  we have had a good couple of days to  kickstart our season.   Cant wait for the next instalment...:t:

6 minutes ago, Clive Ward said:

I’d put money on it being the back straight 

No, the question was after the first lap. If you include down the back straight and bends 3/4 of lap 1 you were probably up to  double figures in passes. Iversen made 3 passes on bend 4 lap 1 on his own.

• Like 1

I hope people are not throwing NKI into the same bracket as what we had to endure last season with Folder.   Different attitudes,  different people.  NKI will bounce back from a disappointing start.  Once he does in tandem with Lambert  they will take some holding in heats 13 and 15

Edited by semion

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

NKI did say after his first meeting, (an individual meeting,i've had a brain fart and forgot what the meeting was now :rolleyes:.) He said he felt ok but wasn't fully fit yet. 

NKI was poor at the Belle Vue 90th Anniversary meeting but bike gremlins were part of that & he won his last ride (beating Doyle if I remember correctly), much improved the following day at Sheffield for the Simon Stead farewell meeting.

Best moment Zach beating NKI, apart from that not much to get excited about.

Decent weather, decent crowd, mediocre racing, and Robins top of league again !!!

• Like 1

There's only one thing wrong being at the top of the league, the only movement you can make is:.. ..........     Downwards....;)

• Like 1

Iversen will be fine. In all honesty im impressed with Lynn so far, proctor riding particulary well

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There's only one thing wrong being at the top of the league, the only movement you can make is:.. ..........     Downwards....;)

Nope. We’re two wins into our usual 17 match unbeaten run! :)

• Like 1