British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/04/18 - Premiership - Swindon v King’s Lynn

44 minutes ago, g13webb said:

There's only one thing wrong being at the top of the league, the only movement you can make is:.. ..........     Downwards....;)

Although second from bottom 17 wins in a row to top is more interesting. Lynn were the last team to win at The Shabbey before they went on that record breaking run last season.

All round the Stars looked a good side last night, stronger with RR for Rosey. NKI did well in last heat.

Bellego and Muesli inconsistent, Davey needs more time.

If the track is reduced in size should make for better racing, and not gate and go.

Stars get a 4-2 in the last to secure a point. So what? Makes no difference to Swindon, whose top two both scrored lower than their average in heat 15. They'd already secured 3 league points.

Bring back the old scoring system.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Stars get a 4-2 in the last to secure a point. So what? Makes no difference to Swindon, whose top two both scrored lower than their average in heat 15. They'd already secured 3 league points.

Agreed, if we had the potential to only get 2 points instead of 3 the last race result could have been different and more exciting.  Have seen a couple of meetings where it is obvious the riders are not trying 100% in heat 15 because they have won the meeting even though the lead is less than 6 points.   

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Why would they not be trying ?  or are they on guarantees ?

To keep their average down, It can help with team changes if they are needed. Their is no incentive in heat 15, once the match is won at home. Like someone else said, if the away's team's point was taken off the home teams points, bringing down to 2 points, then you might see a different attitude.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Could make a difference if come the end of the year KL pip Swindon to the last play off spot by 1 point.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Could make a difference if come the end of the year KL pip Swindon to the last play off spot by 1 point.....

It should be there in respect of keeping the meeting exciting. That's the main reason it worked.

How many King's Lynn fams were there? They would have been the only ones who cared what happened in heat 15.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, semion said:

I hope people are not throwing NKI into the same bracket as what we had to endure last season with Folder.   Different attitudes,  different people.  NKI will bounce back from a disappointing start.  Once he does in tandem with Lambert  they will take some holding in heats 13 and 15

Agree. NKI is a class act. And before the Poole lot start, i  know Folders record, but Niels has been very loyal to Lynn and he isn't the kind of rider to score 7 or 8 and think "that will do". He will work on things and after another 4 or 5 meeting i think we will see him in double figures in most meetings without much trouble.

Lambo has started the season well. Infact the whole team are, apart from NKI and Kasper at the mo.. Every track is a new track for him. He will need time, and will probably  stay at reserve all season, gain a bit of confidence and if he can average 4, he would of done his job.

A good start from the  "wooden spoon" contenders.

Bring on the Pirates :wink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

Am I missing something? Surely Lynn snatching a point rather than Swindon making sure they didnt still makes it competitive? 

You cannot beat the old bonus point system tho. Much better

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Am I missing something? Surely Lynn snatching a point rather than Swindon making sure they didnt still makes it competitive? 

You cannot beat the old bonus point system tho. Much better

Swindon didn't lose a point. It is now 3 for winning at home regardless of the score.

It means pretty much nothing to home supporters whether or not King's Lynn get a point. If it meant Swindon losing one, it would.

I think it's more to do with trying to ensure away teams are sent home pointless. Fewer points your opposition take is less chance of them making the top 4 play offs. 

It's all about the end of season points tally that counts. Anything you can do to restrict points scoring by the opposition the better. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I think it's more to do with trying to ensure away teams are sent home pointless. Fewer points your opposition take is less chance of them making the top 4 play offs. 

It's all about the end of season points tally that counts. Anything you can do to restrict points scoring by the opposition the better. 

Well I think it has taken a lot away from what was a good scoring system.

I would think that an awful lot of supporters couldn't give a stuff if the away team gets a point and would be a lot more interested in whether their own side loses one.

Out of interest, were any Swindon fans gutted that King's Lynn gained a point from heat 15? Did any even notice?

17 hours ago, tellboy said:

Hang on Trees don't put me in the same boat as some of those Poole fans.All i said is he needs to shape up quick,i didn't say get rid of him.

Sorry, that was below the belt lol  It was the tone of ‘he needs to shape up’ that got me, hard on him I thought.  Niels has high standards, we know that, we should do after six years, this being his seventh, he has said he’s not 100% fit so we need to give him a few meetings surely rather than coming out with such tough soundbites?  Hit a nerve I guess m8....

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Well I think it has taken a lot away from what was a good scoring system.

I would think that an awful lot of supporters couldn't give a stuff if the away team gets a point and would be a lot more interested in whether their own side loses one.

Out of interest, were any Swindon fans gutted that King's Lynn gained a point from heat 15? Did any even notice?

Perhaps people don't notice or care at this stage of the season come September teams will be looking to get as many away points as they can.

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Perhaps people don't notice or care at this stage of the season come September teams will be looking to get as many away points as they can.

Yup. And the home team supporters won't give a stuff if they do.