British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

19/04/18 - Premiership - Swindon v King’s Lynn

Just now, g13webb said:

A big well done to the Stars on a impressive showing. There wont be many teams who get a point at Swindon, and we did that with a few hiccups along the way...    

We can improve on that .   Roll on next week. 

Wonder what Batchelors thoughts are about this crap Stars team.

• Like 2

I'm glad I was wrong with my prediction. I had it wide to the Robins after their win at Poole.

Well done the Stars.:)

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Quite happy to get a point,afterall no Rose,and Swindon absolutely demolished the league favourites away last night.

RE Lambert,he looked likely for that extra 2 points in ht 4 had his bike not stopped according to the updates.

Nice to see Andersen gain his first proper points.

Iversen to me is a bit of a worry at the moment.Is he still carrying the injury.

NKI did say after his first meeting, (an individual meeting,i've had a brain fart and forgot what the meeting was now :rolleyes:.) He said he felt ok but wasn't fully fit yet. 

Always liked the Stars, hope they have a decent season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

NKI did say after his first meeting, (an individual meeting,i've had a brain fart and forgot what the meeting was now :rolleyes:.) He said he felt ok but wasn't fully fit yet. 

I think he needs to shape up quick the real Niels would have won us that meeting tonight.Personally didn't think he looked to sharp last night.

6 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I think he needs to shape up quick the real Niels would have won us that meeting tonight.Personally didn't think he looked to sharp last night.

Agree, he does.

His comment was after the Simon Stead farewell meeting..

Said Iversen: “It’s great to be back on the bike and I enjoyed the day, I felt pretty good.

“I’m not totally fit yet but that will only come with more meetings and I’m looking forward to that.

“It’s nice for me to be back racing in Britain and nice to be back with King’s Lynn. I’m looking forward to being busy again.”

If KL can get Iversen going then they have the makings of a good team. Lambert and Kerr prob put in their best Blunsdon performances and Proctor was decent. Looks like Poole have a new rival for 4th!!

• Like 2

I'll take that all day long. This Lynn team may not be the most talented but they seem to have plenty of grit and determination.

Did Troy throttle off on the last bend of heat 15 :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Found it ...

NIELS: “GREAT TO BE BACK”

Monday March 26, 2018
action18_she_steady1.jpg
NIELS-KRISTIAN Iversen says it’s good to be back after racing to a podium finish in Simon Stead’s Farewell meeting at Sheffield on Sunday.

The King’s Lynn Tru Plant Stars hero, who has made a welcome return to the club this season, was in scorching form and looked as though he’d hardly been off the bike!

His 2017 campaign was cruelly ended by a shoulder injury in August which also cost him a place in the FIM Grand Prix top eight.

He romped to three straight wins on his return to British racing at Owlerton and went straight through to the final on 12-points – but was beaten by Martin Vaculik and Brady Kurtz in the decider.

Said Iversen: “It’s great to be back on the bike and I enjoyed the day, I felt pretty good.

“I’m not totally fit yet but that will only come with more meetings and I’m looking forward to that.

“It’s nice for me to be back racing in Britain and nice to be back with King’s Lynn. I’m looking forward to being busy again.”

Iversen and the rest of the Tru Plant Stars will be back at the Adrian Flux Arena this Wednesday, March 28, for the club’s press and practice.

The schedule is as follows:

17:00 - 17:30 - Individual Rider Discussion / Photo Opportunities
17:30 - 18:00 - Team Photo Opportunities and continuation of Individual Rider Discussions
18:00 - 18:30 - Photo Opportunities
18:30 - Public Entry Opens
18:30 - 19:00 - Bike Warm-Up
19:00 - 20:15 - Bikes On Track
20:30 - Close

Not the best of meetings thou scores were close .was the ref awake  ?I have  never seen a meeting with so many rollers .The ref no matter what just let every race go it was unreal .

Lets hope it is just fitness and he soon becomes fully fit.Because the way our team is built we have to be looking at double figures from him most weeks.And in all fairness he should be in this league.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Christ, you sound like a Poole fan!  He deserves a meeting or two no? 

8 minutes ago, orion said:

Not the best of meetings thou scores were close .was the ref awake  ?I have  never seen a meeting with so many rollers .The ref no matter what just let every race go it was unreal .

The Lambert one was ridiculous!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trees said:

Christ, you sound like a Poole fan!  He deserves a meeting or two no? 

Hang on Trees don't put me in the same boat as some of those Poole fans.All i said is he needs to shape up quick,i didn't say get rid of him.