British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Thursday night speedway at swindon

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Personally I think it's wrong/unfair that swindon are allowed to race Thursdays. If anything happens to any of the riders (hope it doesnt) and they need to have a guest they will have a bigger pool of riders to choose from unlike the rest who are limited because of set nights.

Tnoughts

Thoughts ?

A certain south coast promoter ballsed it up !

Colin Pratt went on record in the Speedway Star to say that it was had been agreed with the ISL (International Speedway League, a body that formulates fixtures between the UK, Poland, Sweden and Denmark) that the UK would move to Monday and Thursday for racing at Elite League level...

Hey Presto, at the next BSPA meeting, The Pirate one kicked up a fuss, and it became Monday and Wednesday !

Your thoughts on guests doesnt stack up, either  - Dont forget that a speedway meeting needs TWO teams, so, should any of Swindon's opposition need a guest, they also have a bigger pool to pick from on Thursdays !

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Do the Borough of Poole own Wimborne Rd.?

Gaming international alias stadia UK on leasehold from both councils I'm sure you know that anyway

22 minutes ago, ray c said:

Gaming international alias stadia UK on leasehold from both councils I'm sure you know that anyway

I did not know that Ray to be honest    one of the problems we have in speedway  are clubs not owning the stadiums.I don't if i am right on this and if Poole are the same as Swindon i think Swindon get none of the parking money / drinks food revenue  and maybe even the programmes maybe ER or Grachan would know if that is correct.??

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I did not know that Ray to be honest    one of the problems we have in speedway  are clubs not owning the stadiums.I don't if i am right on this and if Poole are the same as Swindon i think Swindon get none of the parking money / drinks food revenue  and maybe even the programmes maybe ER or Grachan would know if that is correct.??

The speedway get the prog money but none of the other income you mentioned. 

Swindon can ride whenever they want as reigning champions..thems the rools

33 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Not sure how it works but stadia UK runs the car park and food outlets at Poole but I'm sure someone will tell I'm wrong !!

I hope Swindon drop back down next season as they will have no other option as no chance as I stands of ever racing on a Wednesday with the dog racing.

Can you not ride Monday night after the dogs. Wolves manage it. 

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Thanks ORLOV god    those owners don't half screw the promotion annoying really because the club we all love has done a hell of a job surviving every year since 1949.

3 hours ago, jeffster said:

Thoughts ?

A certain south coast promoter ballsed it up !

Colin Pratt went on record in the Speedway Star to say that it was had been agreed with the ISL (International Speedway League, a body that formulates fixtures between the UK, Poland, Sweden and Denmark) that the UK would move to Monday and Thursday for racing at Elite League level...

Hey Presto, at the next BSPA meeting, The Pirate one kicked up a fuss, and it became Monday and Wednesday !

Your thoughts on guests doesnt stack up, either  - Dont forget that a speedway meeting needs TWO teams, so, should any of Swindon's opposition need a guest, they also have a bigger pool to pick from on Thursdays !

I thought the Championship promoters voted against Thursdays and as they have more members? 

Monday and Thursdays is clearly out of the question, since Sheffield, Ipswich and Redcar are all Thursday night tracks in the Championship.

Swindon should fall into line with everyone else. They blatantly can ride on a Monday evening.

Ridiculous that Lewis Rose is not at Redcar tonight, on a set Championship race-night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Ridiculous that Lewis Rose is not at Redcar tonight, on a set Championship race-night.

He won't be at Redcar because he is injured and as he is an asset of KL they have "first dibs" on him anyway - nothing ridiculous about it!

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

He won't be at Redcar because he is injured and as he is an asset of KL they have "first dibs" on him anyway - nothing ridiculous about it!

Didn't realise he was now injured, but the point stands on priority.

Premiership: Monday and Wednesday.

Championship: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Why should a championship team be missing a rider, because a Premiership fixture is taking place on the wrong day? 

Swindon should be given a clear choice next year to stick to the set days, or drop down a league.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Personally I think it's wrong/unfair that swindon are allowed to race Thursdays. If anything happens to any of the riders (hope it doesnt) and they need to have a guest they will have a bigger pool of riders to choose from unlike the rest who are limited because of set nights.

Tnoughts

Apparently Matt Ford insisted Swindon ride on Thursdays at Blunsdon ....... rather than Wednesdays at Poole. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Didn't realise he was now injured, but the point stands on priority.

Premiership: Monday and Wednesday.

Championship: Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Why should a championship team be missing a rider, because a Premiership fixture is taking place on the wrong day? 

Swindon should be given a clear choice next year to stick to the set days, or drop down a league.

We've had to forego 2 Thursday night racing, (our reserved rain off nights) due to Swindon grabbing them first:mad: and as the fixtures would have been against lakeside, we've had to rearrange for Saturday night as half lakeside team rides for Swindon. So Rob I agree,