British Speedway Forum
fubar

Colts v Hitmen - KOC - 20/4/18

I was going to write something about tomorrow night's clash but I nodded off.......

Seriously, the colts need to win this by a good 20 points to give themselves a good chance of the overall win.

Depending on how thrilling this encounter is will determine whether I head for them there hills on Sunday afternoon.

15 minutes ago, fubar said:

I was going to write something about tomorrow night's clash but I nodded off.......

Seriously, the colts need to win this by a good 20 points to give themselves a good chance of the overall win.

Depending on how thrilling this encounter is will determine whether I head for them there hills on Sunday afternoon.

Think the Colts will be looking for 60+ here. Smith, Bickley & Lawlor all had several rides early on and should be enough to do some damage. Normally the opposition tail would cause some problems for the home side but Buxton also lack punch in that area so im expecting 2 races in one mentioned a lot in the updates. Douglas turned Dicken over in the U21's last night so if the kid has is to do something he needs to get a few points on home turf.

Edited by Sings4Speedway

Looking forward to this one.  I've been very impressed so far with Joe Lawlor and watching his progress will be a bonus this year.  Any news on Ben Woodhull's fitness?  Must say it's a joy to watch the Colts' matches, less pressure more fun.

Bit of a shame that Jack Smith is absent but Ben Hopwood is a fair replacement.

Weather looking  good which is more than you can say for Gloomy Road on Saturday night!

14 hours ago, fubar said:

Bit of a shame that Jack Smith is absent but Ben Hopwood is a fair replacement.

Weather looking  good which is more than you can say for Gloomy Road on Saturday night!

From what I can see the Colts are only at home on 5 Friday nights all season so why oh why do they have to arrange this fixture when Jack is riding in an away meeting for Sheffield.There are plenty of Friday nights when he is available to ride.One of the main reasons I go to watch the Colts is to see young riders like Jack progress so i will still be there but am very disappointed that Jack is not.

Quite an entertaining meeting and an easy enough win for the Colts.

Kyle Bickley and Ben Woodhull looked particularly strong and even young Dicken seemed to be  more on the pace.

Only Wilson and Wallinger were any good for Buxton. the rest of them may as well have stayed at home and saved the petrol.

Over the hills to Buxton on Sunday for the 2nd leg but can't see the Colts throwing away this kind of lead.

Agree, the racing was decent last night.  Always enjoy watching the Colts.

I thought Bowen looked a lot better, against Coventry he seemed too stiff, probably down to nerves. It's going to be interesting watching the progress of this team. Feel that Lawlor is going to make real strides this year.

Watching the Colts at the NSS is surely the best value in British speedway  right now.

2 hours ago, coldace said:

Watching the Colts at the NSS is surely the best value in British speedway  right now.

Yes, great racing, proper seats, clean toilets and a good atmosphere.

Apart from having to fight your way through the bloody traffic, you can't fault it really.

But hey, coldace, don't go telling too many people, we don't want it getting too crowded, do we?

Excellent meeting with plenty to entertain, especially in the second part. Some real close encounter racing with skilful control on display. 

Love The Colts, if you’ve not been, go. 

Nice to see Paul Bowen get his first race win and young Dean score some points.

Ben rode extremely well for his 4 programmed ride paid max

the Colts should develop during the season as the young guns get more experience

7 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Nice to see Paul Bowen get his first race win and young Dean score some points.

Ben rode extremely well for his 4 programmed ride paid max

the Colts should develop during the season as the young guns get more experience

Paul Bowen won a race last year in KOC semi final.