British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

The track may suit them but fast starting is key, Kings Lynn has been a gaters track in recent times and I am not sure this team gate that well.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

'Hot Laps' was introduced this season presumably by Robin Brundle to give those arriving before 7pm some extra entertainment before the meeting (SCB approved). Last week the whole Lynn team did it and then at their request it seems Belle Vue did the same (three laps per rider). It appears its been tweaked this week to be four riders from each team which is a good idea.

I like the concept, and as somebody mentioned last week (Najjer?) a Top Gear / Stig style leaderboard across the season could beva great idea.

Has this been suggested to Robin, the leaderboard? 

He knows now and thinks it’s a great idea so hopefully they can sort it :D  Good call Najjer ....

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Has this been suggested to Robin, the leaderboard? 

He knows now and thinks it’s a great idea so hopefully they can sort it :D  Good call Najjer ....

That's why I've been involved in marketing for 8 years on a daily basis! ;) It's great to see team(s) embracing things like this and we can only hope other teams follow suit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

The track may suit them but fast starting is key, Kings Lynn has been a gaters track in recent times and I am not sure this team gate that well.

Yes gating is always the key but shouldnt be an issue on a big track like KL, or BV, Swindon is more of a gaters track than the other two, and that is also a big track.  its essential on tracks like monmore lakeside and eastie  etc, but not so important on the big galloping tracks.

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That's why I've been involved in marketing for 8 years on a daily basis! ;) It's great to see team(s) embracing things like this and we can only hope other teams follow suit.

What do you market, sandcastles ...:D Havnt you got a Somerset thread to go on, instead of  hanging round the Poole threads all the time. You would think you was a closit poole fan the amount of time you spend on them..

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

The hot laps  went down well last week.  As someone who arrives early,  it was nice to have something going on  to get the fans excited before the meeting...   Speaking to a friend who is always last to get here, he said it really annoyed him that he could hear the bikes going round, and wanted to be inside watching.   He said he will come early from now on.  Bearing that in mind,  hopefully, we shouldn't need to delay the start  any more waiting for those latecomers to get in.   

So being proactive, these 'Hot Laps'  idea, has 3 benefits.     1,   Added entertainment for the fans,    2,  Provides additional track practice for the riders, and 3,   It will do away with late starts.... 

Well done that man,      How long will it be before all tracks offer something similar......:t:

It's common place in Poland, great idea, gives riders from both sides a chance to suss out the track and moves the dirt line out so we don't have to wait until heat 5 to get some overtaking.....

23 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes gating is always the key but shouldnt be an issue on a big track like KL, or BV, Swindon is more of a gaters track than the other two, and that is also a big track.  its essential on tracks like monmore lakeside and eastie  etc, but not so important on the big galloping tracks.

Maybe you haven't been to Saddlebow Road lately it was good years ago but now more of a gaters track than most in the country.

With the amount of rain we have had this afternoon I think the meeting will be off.

Having just come past Saddlebow Road, if this rain doesn't stop within  the next few hours, Buster's going to have a job on his hands making it anywhere near raceable for tomorrow. 

56 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What do you market, sandcastles ...:D Havnt you got a Somerset thread to go on, instead of  hanging round the Poole threads all the time. You would think you was a closit poole fan the amount of time you spend on them..

No, no I haven't as we haven't got a match this week. I have been discussing Kings Lynn with Kings Lynn supporters so don't flatter yourself.

Anyway, after about 3 irrelevant postings about 'sandcastles' I'm finally going to ask... what on gods earth are you on about? Or have you finally completely lost the plot?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

Having just come past Saddlebow Road, if this rain doesn't stop within  the next few hours, Buster's going to have a job on his hands making it anywhere near raceable for tomorrow. 

I'm 7 miles from track and its been raining here since 1pm, heavy at times, and still coming down with plenty of standing water. Hope it stops soon. :blink:

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'm 7 miles from track and its been raining here since 1pm, heavy at times, and still coming down with plenty of standing water. Hope it stops soon. :blink:

Unfortunately, showers are forecast tomorrow and for the following six days thereon after.  It ain't looking good at the moment, which is a shame after the lovely weather last week. 

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

najjer has made sensible posts,and it appears all fans have supported the flying lap idea,you reply with an ignorant and rude post, very poor show,like many others im completely baffled by your regular references to "sandcastles"please can you explain this to everyone?

• Like 3

Might be a blessing from poole point of view if is called of then ?

Im warming to these pre laps proir to the meeting sounds a good idea perhaps matt should give it a try?

• Like 2