British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

Im warming to these pre laps proir to the meeting sounds a good idea perhaps matt Doshould give it a try?

Don't riders practice for a few laps after the parade, so not much difference.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think you will find they are laps at speed ?

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think you will find they are laps at speed ?

A practice lap is a practice lap, it is up to a rider how fast they want to go. If KL fans like it then good for them. But it wouldn't make me go any earlier. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Maybe you haven't been to Saddlebow Road lately it was good years ago but now more of a gaters track than most in the country.

If its the same track it was then it shouldnt be a problem.

Many years ago we used to have riders doing one lap record attempts. I'm not sure if that is intended as part of the hot laps but if not it is another slant on Najjer's leader board suggestion. 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

A practice lap is a practice lap, it is up to a rider how fast they want to go. If KL fans like it then good for them. But it wouldn't make me go any earlier. 

Not with 14 riders on the track at the same time thats a parade 

Edited by ray c
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Thats a practice lap, or two..

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

What do you market, sandcastles ...:D Havnt you got a Somerset thread to go on, instead of  hanging round the Poole threads all the time. You would think you was a closit poole fan the amount of time you spend on them..

Anybody with good sensible suggestions regarding the good of sport (like Najjer)are welcome on a King's Lynn thread any day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

No it isn't! The parade is when they walk out/go round in the truck and get introduced to the crowd, then they do a few practice laps after.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

No it isn't! The parade is when they walk out/go round in the truck and get introduced to the crowd, then they do a few practice laps after.

Blimey you're fortunate if that happens. At Leicester the riders are introduced riding round the track so if it's not a parade and  it's not practice laps I don't know what to call it. :D

8 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Blimey you're fortunate if that happens. At Leicester the riders are introduced riding round the track so if it's not a parade and  it's not practice laps I don't know what to call it. :D

I think all tracks should have practices laps like we do AFTER the parade, it gives the riders a feel of the track and blows away the cobwebs.

8 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Parade lap

Parap

Lapade

:D B)

• Haha 1

I like Lapade. That's going to be my new favourite word from now on. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

What with 14 riders on track, not really

2 minutes ago, Trees said:

What with 14 riders on track, not really

I don't think there is any law that says that you have to be on your own to do a practice lap!