British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I like Lapade. That's going to be my new favourite word from now on. 

Yeah I like that one too! :D

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think there is any law that says that you have to be on your own to do a practice lap! 

Common sense would dictate that 14 riders all on track at full speed at the same time would be a disaster waiting to happen.

hot laps are rider doing laps at full speed in relative safety. 

I thought anyone with with an iota of sense could see the difference.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Common sense would dictate that 14 riders all on track at full speed at the same time would be a disaster waiting to happen.

I said there wasn't MUCH difference, I didn't say there was NO difference. :blink: :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I said there wasn't MUCH difference, I didn't say there was NO difference. :blink: :rolleyes:

I'd suggest you cease digging :D

Not really an argument, I just stated my opinion and some don't like it. That's their problem. And then I have to reply cos they imply things I haven't said, but hey ho never mind. They do this at Poole and I'll miss it anyway as don't get there til 7.15-7.30. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

I'd suggest you cease digging :D

people could actually talk about what I said instead of implying other things. Would be nice. 

It seems  you type a lot but say very little.

anyway how many will you win by tomorrow evening ?

Edited by semion

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Don't riders practice for a few laps after the parade, so not much difference.

This is what you originally said. It is very different. Riders do practice starts and the odd reasonably fast corner after a standard parade. The Hot Laps concept is three full speed laps from a flying start, at race pace.

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Thanks for some one else with sense on the subject 

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

Thanks for some one else with sense on the subject 

Says someone who thinks practice laps are a parade. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

We get all 14 riders doing practice laps and starts after the parade, they are stagered  and there has never been a problem. but they dont hammer round the bends.  unless there is only 2-3 left out.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

people could actually talk about what I said instead of implying other things. Would be nice. 

The difference: After a standard parade rider's trundle round and more than not use this time to do standing starts, checking out clutches, timing and sprockets etc.

With these 'hot laps' it's rolling starts with 1 out lap and 2 full throttle laps. No standing starts allowed or like Craig Cook, you get excluded by red flag. It's all about pure speed, gives no advantage to the meeting set-up as Belle Vue found out. 

The hot laps should feed into the meeting in someway. Either the team with the rider with fastest lap gets to chose gate positions, replacing coin toss. Or you compare each rider with their opposite number, team that won most get a 1 or 2 point head start in meeting - it's a bit more radical, but more meaningful - would need rules around r/r in teams 

55 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

The hot laps should feed into the meeting in someway. Either the team with the rider with fastest lap gets to chose gate positions, replacing coin toss. Or you compare each rider with their opposite number, team that won most get a 1 or 2 point head start in meeting - it's a bit more radical, but more meaningful - would need rules around r/r in teams 

Good heavens NO NO NO

It's extra entertainment, with a side benefit of riders learning a bit about track conditions. Include it in the meeting in any way and as your last comment suggests you just bring in more and more complicated rules.

• Like 1