British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

47 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I don't expect anything from Shanes because the standard of reserves this year is high. 

Just saying he is out of his depth which is true and he will struggle this year because there aren't any easy rides.

Not criticising him at all because I don't expect him to score anything. 

But thats the way the Poole team has been built this year.

You cant go top heavy like Poole have with Kurtz, Holder and Josh and Linus as 4 heat leaders yet be strong in reserve. If Shanes gets 3 or 4 a meeting he will have done his job. The problem at Poole is that the top boys are not doing there job

• Like 1

Roll on Thursday when the Poole fans might just go back to their own thread to talk about the make up of their team.....

nah they'll go and invade whichever club has the misfortune to host them next:P 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

Roll on Thursday when the Poole fans might just go back to their own thread to talk about the make up of their team.....

nah they'll go and invade whichever club has the misfortune to host them next:P 

Problem with that ? Its called talking about the upcoming meeting.

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Didn't take you long to get back to normal did it. Pretty sure the Poole 2018 thread should be used to discuss your changes.

• Like 1

Strange that Poole fans were talking pre-season about how strong thier line-up was and the other teams were just there to make up the numbers. Here we are not even anywhere near the end of April and they want changes.

Fickle old lot down Dorset way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Didn't take you long to get back to normal did it. Pretty sure the Poole 2018 thread should be used to discuss your changes.

Cant see what starman said wrong this thread is about wednesday meetig not changes ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ray c said:

Cant see what starman said wrong this thread is about wednesday meetig not changes ?

Thank you. Its a meeting thread which involves us.

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I have no problem with posts about the meeting but posts about the merits of Shanes, Killer, Holder et al being part of the team belong on the Poole thread NOT a single meeting thread.

Glad you are feeling better and back to defending Poole come what may :D, I mean that xx

• Like 1

I have no problem with posts about the meeting but posts about the merits of Shanes, Killer, Holder et al being part of the team belong on the Poole thread NOT a single meeting thread.

Glad you are feeling better and back to defending Poole come what may :D, I mean that xx

Most threads go off on a tangent though, sometimes you just have to go with it! ;)

But i havnt mentioned Killer Shanes or Chris on the thread. After all, it is still about the meeting, so poole fans are really entitled to mention about the team surely ?
Yes im not to bad thank you, i saw my consultant and surgeon 2 weeks ago, and they are very happy with my progress. The fluids on the forehead and side of the head is a pain but things could have been a hell of a lot worse. I still get very stressed and paranoid. The tumour was 2 inches round. I still have a way to go yet.

Starman, I didn't say it was you, there are others who I assume are Poole fans (or baiters) commenting on the make up of the team going forward, not just for this meeting.

dont get stressed over speedway mate, it ain't worth it:wink:

• Like 1

Starman glad to hear that they are pleased with your progress.  You look after yaself.  Maybe changing the Club you follow would cut down on the stress levels.;)

47 minutes ago, semion said:

Starman glad to hear that they are pleased with your progress.  You look after yaself.  Maybe changing the Club you follow would cut down on the stress levels.;)

Yeh, :D Stress cannot live here anymore. I touch wood have come out of this op a lot better than some do, ok im still taking it easy, and doing everything by the book. My surgeon is a brilliant surgeon and worth his weight in Gold, but i still have a fair way to go. just have to be careful what i do. I dont even shout Speedway star anymore. People know who i am so i have no need to. But the fans at Poole on a wednesday have been brilliant, always asking after my welbeing. But i like to win, and i hope we start to pick up. We need to.

Edited by Starman2006

After another thrashing last night at Wolves, no doubt the Pirates will be extra motivated come Wednesday.   It don't make our job any easier, and I still expect them to put up a far better performance on our track.    Everyone who goes to Wolves have their backs against the wall, so it is never a surprise to lose, only the size of the lost.  

I still believe this is a good time to compete against them and expect a tight home win.   Whether they can get a point will depend on how they approach the night....   Only a fool would dismiss them though......