British Speedway Forum
therefused

Kings Lynn V Poole 25/04/18

Poole should get a point at Lynn. If they don’t then there is issues for sure

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

We have so many issues its unreal!

Whats all this about KL introducing 4 riders from each team each doing an individual lap before the meeting to see who gets the fastest time??

Or is this just a way of seeing if the track prep is acceptable?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whats all this about KL introducing 4 riders from each team each doing an individual lap before the meeting to see who gets the fastest time??

Holder won't be there so there shouldn't be anyone moaning about the track!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Point isn't good enough. 3 to 4 points if not then you are right about everything you said in the off season.

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Point isn't good enough. 3 to 4 points if not then you are right about everything you said in the off season.

All i said in the off season was the Poole team looked very good but with lots of risks and if the risks dont come off they could struggle.

Kurtz needed to step up to be a true number one.......may do in time but so far he is out of form in the UK......irrelevant of his form in Poland.

Holder was a risk if he could get back to his form............well he hasnt yet rode

Linus has been away from the UK for a while and may take time......and was he any better than Hans Andersen?

The 2 Poles are huge risks.....same as any Pole over here especially away from home.....and as of yet they not done much at all but again they may come good.

You build a team like that then you like good if it all comes together but as i said pre season its a big if

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gavan said:

All i said in the off season was the Poole team looked very good but with lots of risks and if the risks dont come off they could struggle.

Kurtz needed to step up to be a true number one.......may do in time but so far he is out of form in the UK......irrelevant of his form in Poland.

Holder was a risk if he could get back to his form............well he hasnt yet rode

Linus has been away from the UK for a while and may take time......and was he any better than Hans Andersen?

The 2 Poles are huge risks.....same as any Pole over here especially away from home.....and as of yet they not done much at all but again they may come good.

You build a team like that then you like good if it all comes together but as i said pre season its a big if

Kurtz was good last night so that is a positive, Shanes did as expected, Linus had a better meeting but Hans would have scored double figures and I still don't understand why some still think it was the right decision to let him go. Don't what is wrong with the poles but hopefully they will come good.

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Kurtz was good last night so that is a positive, Shanes did as expected, Linus had a better meeting but Hans would have scored double figures and I still don't understand why some still think it was the right decision to let him go. Don't what is wrong with the poles but hopefully they will come good.

Lets hope they start tomorrow night, KL's track will suit them..

I reckon both Poles will like Lynn. Mateusz even rode here for a while. That said I think it will end 47-43, Poole to get a point

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

'Hot Laps' was introduced this season presumably by Robin Brundle to give those arriving before 7pm some extra entertainment before the meeting (SCB approved). Last week the whole Lynn team did it and then at their request it seems Belle Vue did the same (three laps per rider). It appears its been tweaked this week to be four riders from each team which is a good idea.

I like the concept, and as somebody mentioned last week (Najjer?) a Top Gear / Stig style leaderboard across the season could beva great idea.

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

'Hot Laps' was introduced this season presumably by Robin Brundle to give those arriving before 7pm some extra entertainment before the meeting (SCB approved). Last week the whole Lynn team did it and then at their request it seems Belle Vue did the same (three laps per rider). It appears its been tweaked this week to be four riders from each team which is a good idea.

I like the concept, and as somebody mentioned last week (Najjer?) a Top Gear / Stig style leaderboard across the season could beva great idea.

Yep that was one of my posts - a great idea and one that a lot of tracks could take on board. It's the sort of thing a sponsor is likely to want to get on board with offering a financial prize at the end of the season to the winner.

• Like 2

The hot laps  went down well last week.  As someone who arrives early,  it was nice to have something going on  to get the fans excited before the meeting...   Speaking to a friend who is always last to get here, he said it really annoyed him that he could hear the bikes going round, and wanted to be inside watching.   He said he will come early from now on.  Bearing that in mind,  hopefully, we shouldn't need to delay the start  any more waiting for those latecomers to get in.   

So being proactive, these 'Hot Laps'  idea, has 3 benefits.     1,   Added entertainment for the fans,    2,  Provides additional track practice for the riders, and 3,   It will do away with late starts.... 

Well done that man,      How long will it be before all tracks offer something similar......:t:

58 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Lets hope they start tomorrow night, KL's track will suit them..

I thought BV would have suited them as well. Really need to step up now. 

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I thought BV would have suited them as well. Really need to step up now. 

Yep but at least we got a point there. This should also suit us. I was very disapointed with Kildemands input last night, and Shpaniack was no better. Brady did his job as to a certin extent did james and a couple of the others, but we need to find more, starting tomororrow night. Wolverhampton is a bogey track for most clubs because of the nature of the track, it will always have home advantage.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Think a Holderless  Poole will perhaps prefer the Saddlebow Road circuit to their own much heap.