British Speedway Forum
Brummies_Ste

Stoke v Brummies NT Sat 21st April

STOKE: Max Clegg, Paul Burnett, Tony Atkin (Captain), Adam Extance, Rob Shuttleworth, Joe Alcock, William O’Keefe: Team Manager, Adam Isherwood
Brummies: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Jordan Jenkins, Callum Walker, Mitchell Davey (Captain), Arran Butcher, Leon Flint: Team Manager, Laurence Rogers

Edited by Brummies_Ste

Guest GiveusaB
14 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

STOKE: Max Clegg, Paul Burnett, Tony Atkin (Captain), Adam Extance, Rob Shuttleworth, Joe Alcock, William O’Keefe: Team Manager, Adam Isherwood
BUXTON: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Jordan Jenkins, Callum Walker, Mitchell Davey (Captain), Arran Butcher, Leon Flint: Team Manager, Laurence Rogers

BUXTON ?:D

13 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BUXTON: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Jordan Jenkins, Callum Walker, Mitchell Davey (Captain), Arran Butcher, Leon Flint: Team Manager, Laurence Rogers

Wow, that's worrying.

The Brummies have been taken over by the sheep rustlers.

The Birmingham Britmen perhaps?

.....and I don't like to appear negative but there are a couple of spots of rain showing over Gloomy Road at 7 p.m. tomorrow on the latest weather map.

Argh..................

Guest GiveusaB

Dave Wallinger would have been my choice of guest ....may be that's an omen with the inclusion of Buxton in the team name?

Thunder and lightning now shown over Gloomy Road on Saturday night!

At most places you would be worried about the power getting knocked out but fortunately, Gloomy Road has it's own generator...............

Hume missing !!!!!

How can Ipswich just move a fixture to a Saturday just like that ????

Is Saturday their alternative race day ??

DIABOLICAL.........................Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

13 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Hume missing !!!!!

How can Ipswich just move a fixture to a Saturday just like that ????

Is Saturday their alternative race day ??

DIABOLICAL.........................Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes Saturday is their alternative day. Have had a fair few on a Saturday. Jordan was good around Stoke on previous visits. Could be a little race rusty with all of our meetings being off so far this year but I know he's been practicing 

It looks like the sun has proven to strong to allow tonight's meeting to be rained off, and we're edging towards start time.

So instead, we'll have to play "Guess what time the generator fails / the airfence deflates / or the meeting is abandoned for other reasons"

• Like 1

Sadly, Plingy, Stoke weren't able to fall back on any of those escape plans and therefore got well and truly hammered.

I think that Leon Flint has earned himself a nice cold pint of Milk tonight. Heck, someone might even allow him a fizzy drink.

That was an absolute privilege watching The Brummies at Loomer Rd this evening.I even bumped into the legendary Potters supporter,Vog!

• Like 6

I decided at the last minute to make the journey up after finishing work and I'm so glad I did, what a great result! Mitchell was unbeatable tonight as he was when I last saw him ride against Coventry, hes a rider who's very hard to beat at this level. Best I've seen Tom ride in a while and it wasn't from always from the tapes, he looked very quick. The real star for me was young Leon, what a find he is!. Pretty much 2 months to the day since he turned 15 and in his first competitive meeting he scores paid max and beats heatleaders like Shuttleworth and Atkin. You would never think he was so young when you see how mature and assured he is on the bike. Hope its the first of many big scores in Brummies colours. Arran gave it everything and even gated in the one heat, no complaints for all the efforts he showed tonight and I hope he is okay after his fall. Layne and Callum struggled for the most part but credit where its due with Callum with his last ride. Thank you Jordan for guesting and putting in a solid performance

Nice touch to see the riders and Lawrence come out to applaud all of us that made the trip at the end. 

Edited by Brummie Kev

For a fifteen yet old Leon is well known for his ability and his experience from European racing is almost certainly helping him enormously. 

It will be brilliant if he can build on this fine start and who knows what stage he will have reached by the end of the season. Heat leader with any luck !

Keep nurturing him down in Brum and hopefully he will truly develop into a man who will reach the top, the people of Berwick and the borders have great faith in him.