British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Glasgow 20/4/18 @7.30pm

Better late than never to start the thread for this I guess. 

No worries weather wise for a change, fancy the tigers tonight with Worrall, Harris, Starke, Kerr and sarjeant all liking and riding the place well. With ex monarch Vissing who can be an awkward road block round the Dale also. Will be a tough one but hopefully we can come out on top.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Better late than never to start the thread for this I guess. 

No worries weather wise for a change, fancy the tigers tonight with Worrall, Harris, Starke, Kerr and sarjeant all liking and riding the place well. With ex monarch Vissing who can be an awkward road block round the Dale also. Will be a tough one but hopefully we can come out on top.

An easy win for the Monarchs. Glasgow have suffered lots of engine problems and aren't clicking as a unit. And surely a bit of poetic licence when you say riders 'like' the place. I honestly don't know anyone that likes it :wink: Monarchs by 10.

• Sad 1

Well done lads a nice 4 pointer.

Seems to have been an abnormally high amount of falls even for Armadale standards.

But this sets us up nicely for Sunday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

An easy win for the Monarchs. Glasgow have suffered lots of engine problems and aren't clicking as a unit. And surely a bit of poetic licence when you say riders 'like' the place. I honestly don't know anyone that likes it :wink: Monarchs by 10.

I always love our reverse psychology tactic gives them false hope.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Well done lads a nice 4 pointer.

Seems to have been an abnormally high amount of falls even for Armadale standards.

But this sets us up nicely for Sunday.

I'm glad the track is always well prepared at Armadale otherwise goodness knows what might have happened

Glasgow throroughly deserved their win. While i suspect it wouldn’t have changed the overall result, heat 9 going from what looked like a 3-3 to a 0-5 gave the tigers a real boost and set the tone for the remainder of the meeting  

Was impressed with Max but Joel and Matt looked quite a bit off the pace and Ricky didn’t seem himself. Improvement required.

The track seemed a bit tricky especially at the first and second bend (even more so than normal!)

First of all Tigers thoroughly deserved their victory, with both sides throwing away points to each other.

Must admit the racing was mainly processional,  apart from when riders got into problems on some areas of the track.

Hopefully the track preparation will improve as the surface recovers from the weather ravages of the opening month, otherwise they need to  bring  back Alan Bridgett pronto.

Even the performance of the referee, Stuart Wilson, was like the Monarchs, below par, when he correctly stopped ht 10 when third placed Vissing fell on bend 3 and fourth placed Starke laid down.  However obviously he is unaware of the new ruling that for the re-run, Starke should have started on 15m in such circumstances.

Whilst I recognise that it's early days, the abject performances of Joel Andersson so far, even for a newcomer, is a cause for concern. By all means give him  4 home & 4  away in Official fixtures, but if there is no significant improvement, then let's seek someone else (Kasper Lykke Nielsen or Frederik Jacobsen or Oleg Mikhailov or Patrick Hansen?) as prolonging the agony will do no favours for the rider or the fans.

To end on a positive note, rather than slit my wrists now :P, Max Ruml impressed again with a further improved performance.

Edited by cyclone

Puting aside my allegiances. Having invested time and effort, via Social Media, etc, to bring newbies to the sport I cannot understand why there was no effort made to rectify the obvious issue with bend 1 and 2. For a neutral, or unfortunately any newbies, that was a detrimental advert for our sport.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Did the NJL match take place between the two sides in the 2nd half?

9 minutes ago, george.m said:

Puting aside my alegencies. Having invested time and effort, via Social Media, etc, to bring newbies to the sport i cannot understand why there was no effort made to rectify the obvious issue with bend 1 and 2. For a neutral, or unfortunately any newbies, that was a detrimental advert for our sport.

It did not. I believe they could not get riders to be able to hold the match.

30 minutes ago, edmon said:

It did not. I believe they could not get riders to be able to hold the match.

Thank You.