British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole. Prem A. 23/4/18

Monday at Monmore sees the Pirates in action. Not a track we go particularly well at and the two Poles may not find it to their liking.

Thoughts?

4 point home win. Assuming the super strength Pirates can start to perform. 

The wolves should win this by 10 plus. Woryna's last 2 scores there where 4+1 from 4 completed rides @ 6 and 4 from 4 rides  @ 4. So should do his ave ,no probs.He a lot better rider these days.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

And beat Freddie in one of those rides. That was a very impressive ride.

Easy win for Wolves, could be a repeat of the Rye House score line!!

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Monday at Monmore sees the Pirates in action. Not a track we go particularly well at and the two Poles may not find it to their liking.

Thoughts?

Not a track Poole go particularly well on???   Ah well, there’s always Wimborne Road! :) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not a track Poole go particularly well on???   Ah well, there’s always Wimborne Road! :) 

Don’t think there’s any track that the 2018 Poole team go well on!!

Edited by scottyfan

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

And beat Freddie in one of those rides. That was a very impressive ride.

In the following meeting he lost to Max Clegg twice. In the two meetings Woryna seemed to produce one very good ride in each. Inconsistent. 

Can't see Poole getting near Wolves at Monmore Green.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thoughts?

The 2 Poles plus the 2 Aussies and 1 Swede may not find it to their liking!!!;):D  Love to be proved wrong but if we can't gate then we won't pick up anything especially at Monmore.

A minimum 10-12 point win for the Wolves.

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

The 2 Poles plus the 2 Aussies and 1 Swede may not find it to their liking!!!;):D  Love to be proved wrong but if we can't gate then we won't pick up anything especially at Monmore.

A minimum 10-12 point win for the Wolves.

Poole will probably win at Wolves, probably the B or play off fixture. You heard it here first. ;)

Such a precise track that gives the home side a massive advantage.    Although most teams are fairly equal in strengths,  some will always find Monmore track difficult to master.   Poole have never performed well here, but have the personnel to put up a strong showing.   I don't rate Wolves as strong as some others do,  and feel  riding at home covers up their weaknesses.   Thorsell, Masters an Schlein  are good heat leaders  at home,   but all are beatable away.   Howarth is the jewel in the crown who is capable of beating most when it maters.   I'm going for a home win, but wont be surprised if Poole sneak a point......

3 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Such a precise track that gives the home side a massive advantage.    Although most teams are fairly equal in strengths,  some will always find Monmore track difficult to master.   Poole have never performed well here, but have the personnel to put up a strong showing.   I don't rate Wolves as strong as some others do,  and feel  riding at home covers up their weaknesses.   Thorsell, Masters an Schlein  are good heat leaders  at home,   but all are beatable away.   Howarth is the jewel in the crown who is capable of beating most when it maters.   I'm going for a home win, but wont be surprised if Poole sneak a point......

Good post mate. Monmore is a big home advantage but it can be mastered. Magic used to hate it, but once he mastered it he was away. Kyle Newman also got it mastered and i was very suprised they didnt come in for him. Gating is a must round monmore but that is only one ingrediant to mastering the track. Ita not rocket science.

On 21/04/2018 at 12:07 AM, scottyfan said:

Don’t think there’s any track that the 2018 Poole team go well on!!

Doom and gloom raises its ugly head. I dont know why you bother posting mate..

At Least a 10 point win for the Wolves I would imagine, Thorssell and Howarth have started the season really well and solid back up should see them home easily enough.

• Like 1