British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole. Prem A. 23/4/18

8 minutes ago, ray c said:

Don't think Chris will improve this team very much when he returns 2 more away league matches before we are back at wimborne road time will tell I suppose

matt will have to act very soon if he wants top spot, Swindon are starting to pull away

Expected result with Wolves comfy winners, the start Morris has made must be a big bonus for the Wolves fans. Hes scoring some good points fair play to him.

23 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

matt will have to act very soon if he wants top spot, Swindon are starting to pull away

Because they have 5 riders from last season, they have good team spirit and know where each other likes to ride on the track and so on. I'm sure other teams will catch them up in second half of the season when newer teams have bonded more and team spirit is better.

I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. We had 2 race winners all night even Rye House had more than that last week.

We was embarrassed at home against Swindon. We couldn't beat a weakened BV side. 

Its not all about losing its the way we are losing. Meeting's are over after 4 Heats. Its ridiculous 

Lets look at our team.

We have a HL riding as a 2nd string who cant win a race for toffee. We have a No.7 who doesn't bring anything to the team. Our best rider (Kildemand) is leaving.

We have lost 3 out of 4 meeting's and if we lose at KL then we are going to be looking at possibly nicking 4th spot again but it will be irrelevant because we will end up coming to Wolves to get our backsides handed to us again.

All of you keep saying let's give it time.......Look what happened last year. 

Don't think we need to change the team. 

However, 

9.01 Tuesday morning Matt Ford enters office. 

9.02 rings Magic 

9.03 without you we cant seem to win 

9.04 ummmm well who knows what we are going to do. 

If you feel like that I suggest a new name for you. Rosco’s Super Fan. You can now cheer on Swindon. Happy days. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Bloody A34 closed at Oxford. Detours all the way back again 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If you feel like that I suggest a new name for you. Rosco’s Super Fan. You can now cheer on Swindon. Happy days. :D

We don't want him back. Maybe he can move onto Belle Vue!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Stuff Swindon lol. If I didn't care then I wouldn't be going on about the team. I don't mind us losing tonight I said we might as well not turn up. But something is horribly wrong and has been for a couple of years. 

Maybe Middlo is the problem? Perhaps he doesn't know how to motivate a team anymore. Like I said I don't mind us losing its just the way we are losing which isn't acceptable. 

BV away - 10 points down after 4 Heats.

Swindon home - 10 points down after 5 Heats

Wolves away - 8 points down after 4 Heats.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Stuff Swindon lol. If I didn't care then I wouldn't be going on about the team. I don't mind us losing tonight I said we might as well not turn up. But something is horribly wrong and has been for a couple of years. 

Maybe Middlo is the problem? Perhaps he doesn't know how to motivate a team anymore. Like I said I don't mind us losing its just the way we are losing which isn't acceptable. 

BV away - 10 points down after 4 Heats.

Swindon home - 10 points down after 5 Heats

Wolves away - 8 points down after 4 Heats.

Or maybe the riders aren't using the right setups at start of the meeting..

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

We don't want him back. Maybe he can move onto Belle Vue!

Ill decide come play-off time haha. Just kidding.

Like I said I wouldn't criticise Poole if I didn't care. I would be laughing at them like the rest of you do. But I do care and I realise that this team is going to flop big time unless 2 changes are made. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

I don't think it's that. Something is completely off and it was like it last year. Seems like motivation to me. Fair enough if we lose by 10 after 15 Heats but losing by 10 points after 4 Heats is woeful. 

I get that Wolves is a technical track but we was in the same position in our own backyard and in the same position at BV on a track that most if not every rider enjoys. 

Middlo keeps making excuses for them as well which doesn't help. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brady gated in the lead twice but the slightest twtch offline exiting bend two scrubs enouh speed off to let both Wolves riders through.  

I am not disheartened to be honest. Our reserves are no match for theirs around there andShanes had Greaves from the back. Spanner was a typical Pole around there pn his first visit?

Kildemand should have done better though. 

The Pole has ridden Monmore before. Piotr Pawlicki mastered the track within weeks and I remember Miskowiak making his debut at wolves scoring something like 18. It's all about adaptation. 

28 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Don't think we need to change the team. 

However, 

9.01 Tuesday morning Matt Ford enters office. 

9.02 rings Magic 

9.03 without you we cant seem to win 

9.04 ummmm well who knows what we are going to do. 

So Magic in for Kurtz then given the 1 8 and over rule. 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Of maybe they are under instructions to reduce averages to bring another ringer in? :P

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The Pole has ridden Monmore before. Piotr Pawlicki mastered the track within weeks and I remember Miskowiak making his debut at wolves scoring something like 18. It's all about adaptation. 

So Magic in for Kurtz then given the 1 8 and over rule. 

Of maybe they are under instructions to reduce averages to bring another ringer in? :P

Reducing averages won't help until the Riders have done 4H & 4A. ;)

Just now, Gambo said:

Reducing averages won't help until the Riders have done 4H & 4A. ;)

Which they are heading towards. ;)