British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole. Prem A. 23/4/18

No need to panic just yet. Was never realistic to expect this team to hit the ground running. As long as we peak at the right time we'll do alright. 

• Like 2

It's no surprise Poole took a hammering at Monmore. They will want to avoid Wolves come play off time if both get there.

As I said on paper Poole looked like the best team but with huge risks and one of those risks has yet to ride this season!

The poles haven’t done anything yet. Woryna was going to put 3-4 points on his average and I’ve yet to see any indication that will happen.

Linus has been poor and so to has Josh really and Kurtz is not living up to a number one role yet. 

Poole were built top heavy hence Shanes is in and I still see people saying he should go lol. Look at Swindon also built top heavy and Davey has done nothing yet they are still winning matches because the top boys are banging in the points so Davey can be carried a bit.....which the Poole top boys are not doing at the moment

Timo Lahti is on standby.....

• Like 1

We've all been on a beano on the Ipswich forum Gav having a bash at the Twitches.  You still here?  Ne'er mind eh. Early days yet. BEH

Edited by Mr X

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Or maybe the riders aren't using the right setups at start of the meeting..

or maybe some of the riders are not good enough ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

The only points Poole have picked up so far have been against the injury ravaged Aces. In both meetings the replacements didn't get close otherwise Poole would have lost EVERY MEETING!!

This reminds me of last seasons Kings Lynn team which should have romped the league. Poole should come good but KL didn't and only missed out on the wooden spoon thanks to Leicester's terrible luck with injuries. 

You think Kings Lynn should have romped the league with their terrible team!!

• Like 1

Don’t see any reason for Poole to complain apart from Kildemand’s lack of points.

Wolves very good at home.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GWC said:

Don’t see any reason for Poole to complain apart from Kildemand’s lack of points.

Wolves very good at home.

Where are Poole complaining? Must have missed that, or was it a figment of your imagination?

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Brady gated in the lead twice but the slightest twtch offline exiting bend two scrubs enouh speed off to let both Wolves riders through.  

I am not disheartened to be honest. Our reserves are no match for theirs around there andShanes had Greaves from the back. Spanner was a typical Pole around there pn his first visit?

Kildemand should have done better though. 

Pawlicki Junior scored a 15 point max on his Monmore debut. Isn't he Polish? Just saying.

3 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Pawlicki Junior scored a 15 point max on his Monmore debut. Isn't he Polish? Just saying.

That doesnt count he doesnt ride for Poole

Lets be honest so far Woryna hasnt done much 6 being his best score in 4 matches. Came with a lot of hype as a future GP star. This is the issue with the Poles as none of their best stuff is here and Poole will be low down on his list of priorities. I know he has only had 4 matches and could get better but its not a good start.

I know it's very early but I may be eating humble pie regarding wolves this granted it very early in the season and both there meetings have been at home but they have done 2 demolition jobs so far again people are going to say the opposition was poor but again you can only beat whats at the tapes next to you .. The biggest surprise for me is the form of ash Morris  hopefully this can be the year he really kicks on ..

I think Morris is doing much better in both leagues than most expected. Another Brit making progress can only be a good thing. I hope he has an excellent season.

5 hours ago, ray c said:

or maybe some of the riders are not good enough ;)

Then they would be bad for the whole meeting not just their first heat, which could be having the wrong set up at first and fixing it for their next heat.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Where are Poole complaining? Must have missed that, or was it a figment of your imagination?

No figment of speech Steve