British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership 23/04/18 - Leicester v Swindon

1 minute ago, noggin said:

Guess Swindon are better than the so called experts think.

I always thought the Swindon top 5 were one of the strongest in league, add to that young Zach is picking up vital points at reserve.

What a comeback by the lads & take a bow Troy especially as he is certainly glad to be a Robin again.

• Like 1

Fantastic win for Windon...well done Batch and Muesli.

Extend lead at top with 100% record.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The ' so called experts' predictions are based on where teams will be in September, not April.

Don't ruin it lol

• Haha 1

Not shocked by this result. 

Leicester change's have made them weaker as I said on the Leicester thread. Kurtz for MPT is going to be a costly move. 

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Not shocked by this result. 

Leicester change's have made them weaker as I said on the Leicester thread. Kurtz for MPT is going to be a costly move. 

I agree, Newman at reserve was a bonus for Leicester. 

Following on updates, with Swindon 2 down going into the last, I just KNEW that Danny King was going to pop out and win heat 15. I was quite relieved when he wasn't used.

Great win for Swindon, who looked out of it early on.

Excellent result for the Rockinest ones, a good all round performance, especially Batch and Tobias :t:

Have to give credit where credit's due. Perfect Team Managership by Roscoe, knowing exactly who to use & when to use r/r's and t/s. The additional rides for Troy & Tobias helped tremendously.. I personally expected more from Kenneth but very early days to be fair to him,  an encouraging debut from Todd, but I've huge concerns over Sarg. With Kyle moving to No.2 it's now really exposed the Lion's reserves should the top order not perform.

• Like 1

Gutted at losing this match having been 10 points up early in the match but hats off to Swindon Robins and in particular Troy Batchelor / Tobiasz Musielak who really came good when they needed to .... For the Lions - Newman did well even at No 2 in the team, Kenny Bjerre will surely go better on his own machinery as opposed to his brother's and more good scoring from Pieszcek ... expected better from Danny King ... Hansi did well enough but thought we might have Heat 15 after choice of gates -- hey ho onwads we go !

• Like 1

On 22/04/2018 at 9:08 PM, Crazy robin said:

Leicester should win by at least 8 but then again I was way out in the Poole meeting.

And you are way out with this one too. :D  Hard to choose who to put in heat 15 for the Lions.  Obviously Hans Andersen but paired with who? Can never rely on Danny King, Kenneth Bjerre's  scores went down through the match 3-2-1-0 so looked a dodgy choice, Kyle Newman had ridden well after his first heat but I would probably have gone for the Pole who had won two heats. Seemed strange to choose gates 2 and 4 as well but I'm sure it was the riders choice so they should know. Anyway all went wrong in the end after Lions were leading by 10 points after six heats. Well done Swindon. 

Was there another Hemsley-style rant after this collapse? There are two riders who look as if they're heading for the exit door. I also think K.Bjerre is on a false average from his season at the NSS and doesn't produce under pressure.

Man, that was dull! Again! Yes the scoreline was close which made it better than last week but again the track was dry and dusty with no attempt to water it during any of the "races", for the 2nd week running. I've probably seen 2 half decent races out of 30 so far this season at Leicester. Why don't they just pull the track up and start again...

Well done Swindon

Did Leicester pay over the money to have Batchelors engines impounded for inspection?