British Speedway Forum
fubar

Hitmen v Colts - KOC - 22/4/18

Jack Smith returns to help us give our woolly friends another good shearing.

Seems to be a bit of rain forecast for the Buxton area on Sunday morning but hopefully it will all clear away in time.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number. 

Thanks 

Another rather one sided affair, I'm afraid.

Again only Ben Wilson was much use for Buxton.

They used RR for Wallinger but I didn't hear the Bod in the Box say why Wallinger was AWOL but perhaps suffering from his Friday night smash up.

The only weak link in the Colts line up seems to be young Dicken with both Bowen and Woodhull showing enough promise to make up for their inconsistency.

I thought the Bod in the Box was going to lose it at one stage when some Belle Vue supporters were giving him a bit of stick and he did threaten to come down from his perch and insert his roving microphone somewhere in their anatomy.

Nice to see Buxton have now got half a dozen or so working loudspeakers but was a bit disappointed that the music being played seemed to be cover versions of the proper records. I think somebody must have got Best of the Mike Sammes Singers for Christmas.

All in all, a pretty entertaining afternoon and another good performance by the Colts which bodes well for the season.

Fubar - David has cracked a bone in his ankle and couldn't get his boot on due to the swelling. 

Sounds like a good result.  Appreciate a word or two on how Lawlor and Bowen went if you don't mind.

Lawlor put on a very polished performance and apart from Ben Wilson getting the better of him in heat 10, he was untouchable.

To see him and Bickley riding together was a pleasure to see - two enthusiastic, talented riders giving it 100%.

I like the cut of Bowen's jib. He is totally inconsistent but if he can temper his enthusiasm a little, he will rack up some good points. He won ht8 but his only opposition was Ben Woodhull really.

Jayne, thank you for the update on David Wallinger. It is hoped that he makes a speedy recovery because Buxton could certainly do with him.

Thanks fubar, appreciate that.  I really am impressed with Lawlor and what strides he has made since he first appeared for the Colts in 2016?.  I also think that Bowen could make a mark, maybe as Andy Mellish has done, interesting to watch progress.  

Looking forward to the next Colt's match.

Andy Mellish was there in the crowd and he seems to pitch up for most of the Colts meetings.

Andy always comes across as a very pleasant chap and it was a shame he got injured just when he seemed to have made real progress.

The great thing about watching NL racing is that you get to see the new talent as it emerges and this year's Colts team is proving to be more exciting than I had expected. Who needs to go and see the over-paid Johnny Foreigner types in the Premier League when you can witness home-grown talent giving it their all.

I like watching both. Especially when witnessing the transition from the NL to the PL.  How good is it to witness Dan Bewley's progress.  I'd hope that Kyle Bickley will follow him in a couple of years as well.

I do agree that the Colt's this year have exceeded my expectations though.

Think that the year Joe Lawlor spent at Cradley has helped him massively. Improved there, looks to be kicking on again based on early season form. The Bickley/Lawlor pairing has real potential, could prove to be a real handful, home & away. 

I somehow expected more from Connor Coles.

4 points on Friday and 6 points on Sunday was hardly stunning and I am not sure that there is much more to come.

He shouldn't really be struggling to get round other teams' reserves.

Buxton always seem to be in the same position where they run out of steam before the train even leaves the station.

Sadly, there is not a lot they can do to improve their situation and apart from divine intervention, they just have to hope that one of the reserves bursts into dynamic action.

I don't fancy their chances against Birmingham on Sunday but hopefully by then, the Bod in the Box will have thrown his bumper cd of cover versions in the bin and play some proper banging tunes!

Great performance from Joe Lawlor..14 points

Paul Bowen gets his second heat win

good all round team work

On 23/04/2018 at 8:16 AM, fubar said:

I don't fancy their chances against Birmingham on Sunday but hopefully by then, the Bod in the Box will have thrown his bumper cd of cover versions in the bin and play some proper banging tunes!

Like some 1950s Rock 'n' Roll!

Guest GiveusaB

Lawlor was terrific at PB last Wednesday....he takes some beating when he makes the gate!

2 hours ago, *JJ said:

Like some 1950s Rock 'n' Roll!

Dust of your brothel creepers, grease your duck's arse and spin those Bill Haley 45s.

Gotta keep more mature customers like *JJ happy!

Hi de Hi