British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle vue -V- Rye House 23.04.18

Charles Wright guests for the injured Worrall

NBJ guests for the injured Robson

Should be a comfortable home win. But depends which rye house turn up. 

It's unfortunate that Robson is injured. One of my favourite riders because he always gives 100%.

Nicholls and Harris have struggled at the NSS but also had good meetings. I think a lot will depend on which KK turns up but even so I can't see anything but a comfortable home win. 

I see that Dan scored 11 points out of 12 in Sweden riding for Vargarna in the Vetlanda Cup.

augurs well for the future

Edited by Gunner85
  • Like 3

Wish  we could see Charles Wright line up as a permanent Ace one day ?

Being a local lad :)

2 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I see that Dan scored 11 points out of 2 in Sweden riding for Vargarna in the Vetlanda Cup.

augurs well for the future

Man on a mission at the moment. Somehow exceeding expectations this year despite them already being high.

2 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Wish  we could see Charles Wright line up as a permanent Ace one day ?

Being a local lad :)

He's started the season in great form too. Really coming of age when you think he was struggling for a team spot in the 2nd division before Somerset picked him up.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 1

Eddie Kennett has picked up a dislocated knee apparently so he will be out 

Don't like to hear of riders getting injured.  We aren't but a few weeks in to the new season and already the numbers are mounting up.   Going back to them  'good ole days'    riders only rode twice a week, meaning accidents were fewer and injuries were even less.   Bikes were much slower and far easier to  control.   Now riding 4/5 times a week, hoping on planes during 4 countries has to take its toll.   Because of this,  I would imagine the sport is far more dangerous now and accident are considered par for the course.    

Like I say I don't like all these injuries.....   Pity the people in charge didn't put more emphasis on riders safety....

My first visit to Belle Vue, the only current track in all three leagues I’ve not seen a meeting at. Hope the weather holds. 

Any suggestions where to sit/stand, parking, admission etc...

Edited by Shadders

Can't see Rye getting anything out of this despite the Aces remaining weakened. 

55-35

9 minutes ago, Shadders said:

My first visit to Belle Vue, the only current track in all three leagues I’ve not seen a meeting at. Hope the weather holds. 

Saving the best till last.Great view from anywhere in the stadium I choose to sit in C block.Its £18 to stand in south stand seating is £21 in grandstand  £24 for D block(start line)You buy your tickets from the ticket office before you go in.Prog £3.Theres a car park on pink bank lane just behind the stadium or you can park on the school grounds on Kirky lane they charge £3.You can park on the streets round the stadium but its safer to use the car parks.

36 minutes ago, Shadders said:

As B.V72 days. Cheaper to stand on South stand. But I prefer grandstand. It's dearer to sit at start line as seast are padded. I sit in a block on bend 1. Get to see all action at pit gate etc. 

The view is good anywhere. 

Safer to park in school next door. Wouldn't trust roads. Rough as a bears arse round here 

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Depends if you want to sit or stand, sit on the pits straight, stand on the back straight, that’s it ......  All decent viewing.

I absolutely hate the fact that we can’t walk all round the stadium, stand on the first bend, second bend, third or fourth bend but that’s new stadium rules :(

Edited by Trees

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

I always park on gala bingo car park off Kirkmanshulme lane , never had any trouble with my car there ......touch wood