British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle vue -V- Rye House 23.04.18

23 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

I see that Dan scored 11 points out of 12 in Sweden riding for Vargarna in the Vetlanda Cup.

augurs well for the future

And eight from three completed rides in the following day's final, snapping a chain in the other one. Good stuff.

I may pay the extra three quid and sit in the grandstand. We’re staying at the Sportscity Travelodge. It says a £10 minute walk, but as a previous poster says it’s a bit rough we’ll park at the stadium!

I reckon we’ll get hammered. Let’s hope the rain holds off. Forecast doesn’t look great, some showers around. 

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

My first visit to Belle Vue, the only current track in all three leagues I’ve not seen a meeting at. Hope the weather holds. 

Any suggestions where to sit/stand, parking, admission etc...

That's some devotion.  I thought I was one of the worst  culprits having  been to them all except 4 .  so I take my hat off to you.      The track a BV is a bit special and I hope you see a cracking match.   I always enjoyed my visit to Manchester,   Hyde Park was a majestic old track and held some brilliant BLRC  meeting there. I  didn't go a lot on the old one, but this NSS is what all speedway track should be like now.  catering for the ultra fast bikes.  

I have no doubts you will see a some brilliant racing....         Hope the rain stays away.... 

The Met Office forecast is looking better now,  no rain during the day and only a 20% chance of rain during the meeting.

It's changed three times in the last few hours so worth keeping an eye on it but so far getting better each time.

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Don't like to hear of riders getting injured.  We aren't but a few weeks in to the new season and already the numbers are mounting up.   Going back to them  'good ole days'    riders only rode twice a week, meaning accidents were fewer and injuries were even less.   Bikes were much slower and far easier to  control.   Now riding 4/5 times a week, hoping on planes during 4 countries has to take its toll.   Because of this,  I would imagine the sport is far more dangerous now and accident are considered par for the course.    

Like I say I don't like all these injuries.....   Pity the people in charge didn't put more emphasis on riders safety....

Kennett's injury was sustained at the Swingfield European Grasstrack semi-final yesterday. (Sunday).

He didn't fall, but from where I was standing (3rd-4th bend) it looked like he jarred his left leg on turns 1-2.

He rode outside the circuit towards the 3rd bend in obvious agony, and fell off his m/c just before the pits.

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

That's some devotion.  I thought I was one of the worst  culprits having  been to them all except 4 .  so I take my hat off to you.      The track a BV is a bit special and I hope you see a cracking match.   I always enjoyed my visit to Manchester,   Hyde Park was a majestic old track and held some brilliant BLRC  meeting there. I  didn't go a lot on the old one, but this NSS is what all speedway track should be like now.  catering for the ultra fast bikes.  

I have no doubts you will see a some brilliant racing....         Hope the rain stays away.... 

hyde road not hyde park lol 

Is Etheridge riding in this meeting or do we have another guest in as well? (apologies in advance if this has already been posted)

2 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Is Etheridge riding in this meeting or do we have another guest in as well? (apologies in advance if this has already been posted)

Just seen him and Dany Gappmaier at Wetherby Services munching on Burger King. Jay rode at Berwick Saturday with no problems 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, g13webb said:

This is my first time at any BV track. Looking forward to seeing if the hype is for real. Hopefully we’ll put up some kind of fight. 

Edited by Shadders

22 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Just seen him and Dany Gappmaier at Wetherby Services munching on Burger King. Jay rode at Berwick Saturday with no problems 

Healthy eating for a sports person ?, unless BK have a healthy option. 

33 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I can understand Etheridge and Gappmaier being at Wetherby services on their way down from the North East, but if you're coming up from Rye House and you've reached Wetherby, then you've missed Manchester by a hell of a long way!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

I can understand Etheridge and Gappmaier being at Wetherby services on their way down from the North East, but if you're coming up from Rye House and you've reached Wetherby, then you've missed Manchester by a hell of a long way!

Think you will find he now resides in Berwick.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Etheridge, Gappmaier and Shadders all live in Berwick 

53 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

As Fromafar says, I’m a resident of Berwick-upon-Tweed now. On our way south for a few days. This was a very convenient fixture for me 

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1