British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle vue -V- Rye House 23.04.18

Well done to Bewley. Will be up in the team in a couple of weeks. 

Starke to reserve?

• Like 1

It looks very much like Belle Vue, Swindon and Wolves are setting the pace and I would expect Poole to not be far off as I'm sure a few changes will be made. The other teams are just already Not on the same level and I do fear for Rye, a season too much for Scott. You keep waiting for the scores to improve but the next generation around are finding no issue with set-ups.Bomber also isn't the same rider as he was but as with Scott it takes nothing against what they have done and in time these riders now will have it happen to them. 

Times move on and at a time when Craig Cook, Max and young Dan Bewley are looking unbeatable at home it's not easy and it will take a very good team to get anything against them.  I hope expectation of Dan is realistic and I recall not to the same level but Adam Ellis was going to be the next big deal and quick progression suddenly stopped but in saying that the proof is in the pudding as they say with rides Dan Bewley has been putting in. 

Edited by Coventry_Bee

Rye look a mess of a side. Harris and Nicholls as the top two is putrid. Both are not even impressing in the championship.

Speedway GB put a tweet up of Bewley bumps after his maximum & Schroeck the first man out on track after the BV riders with handshakes, smiles and pats on the back with Jenson not far behind. Awful to view. Have some f'in pride in your clubs performances.

With these two in charge it doesn't bode well. Dumb and dumber spring to mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Think Bewley might get a ride in Poland over Cook at this rate. 

I hope that was meant as a compliment to Dan's performance tonight rather than a dig at Cook.

Dan is certainly a terrific talent and that heat 15 tonight just proved it. Amazing to watch his confidence on a bike!

But I am sure his support team will keep his feet on the ground and let him progress at his own pace.

As for Craig only time will tell. He has been around long enough to know you are only as good as your last meeting,especially in Poland. First outing for his Polish side resulted in a four point score from four rides so work to be done there.  

5 minutes ago, lastword said:

I hope that was meant as a compliment to Dan's performance tonight rather than a dig at Cook.

Dan is certainly a terrific talent and that heat 15 tonight just proved it. Amazing to watch his confidence on a bike!

But I am sure his support team will keep his feet on the ground and let him progress at his own pace.

As for Craig only time will tell. He has been around long enough to know you are only as good as your last meeting,especially in Poland. First outing for his Polish side resulted in a four point score from four rides so work to be done there.  

Poland is Odd though. Its a different sport. 

Put Cook Vs Woryna on any UK train Cook wins 9/10 times 

Put Woryna vs Cook on a polish track and Woryna wins 9/10 times. 

Not stupid are the guys who ride in Poland. I know for example Kurtz and Fricke spent fortune on polish equipment over winter and nothing on UK kit. 

Why would you though.  Brady Kurtz probs earned about 7-10 K on the weekend doubt he even made 1.5k tonight 

Anyway well done BV. And well done Bewley riding well in Sweden on weekend as well. 

All I can say is. Tonight was an "I was there moment"

Bewley take a bow. The kidda is class

• Like 2

Can only echo previous posts about young Dan's performance, brilliant, watching that heat 15 live, breathtaking stuff.

Was a match full of exciting moments. Tungate looked much better tonight, his pipping of KK on the line in 14 was quality. Wright missing the 4th bend fence by inches while leading heat 12 was hairy! Etheridge passing Bomber in 11, then being shepherded by Fricke. Bomber flying past Tungate & Wright in 5. KK was quick tonight, deprived of an even better score when his bike packed up on the line before heat 12.

One of the better 59-31 matches I've watched for sure. 

Edited by mikec

Good positives from tonight.

Dan was sheer brilliance tonight..... what a magnificent talent

nice to see Jye get 6 paid 7 with an excellent  5-1 with Max

Rohan showed speed and good racing ability akin to the end of last year.

Edited by Gunner85

33 minutes ago, Chris said:

Rye look a mess of a side. Harris and Nicholls as the top two is putrid. Both are not even impressing in the championship.

Speedway GB put a tweet up of Bewley bumps after his maximum & Schroeck the first man out on track after the BV riders with handshakes, smiles and pats on the back with Jenson not far behind. Awful to view. Have some f'in pride in your clubs performances.

With these two in charge it doesn't bode well. Dumb and dumber spring to mind.

Sorry Chris, but I find myself at odds with your comments on the Rye managers offering congratulations to Dan.  My game was Rugby both league and union, and we were told that you congratulate your opponents after the match, it was called sportsmanship in my day, yes, in the dressing room you let your feelings be known about the performance or lack thereof, but a performance like Dan’s should be recognised. I’m old fashioned, tell them well done but kick their backsides next time.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Sorry Chris, but I find myself at odds with your comments on the Rye managers offering congratulations to Dan.  My game was Rugby both league and union, and we were told that you congratulate your opponents after the match, it was called sportsmanship in my day, yes, in the dressing room you let your feelings be known about the performance or lack thereof, but a performance like Dan’s should be recognised. I’m old fashioned, tell them well done but kick their backsides next time.

There's a time and a place & bouncing out on track all smiles, pats on back, handshakes and congratulations with the BV side after being stuffed by nearly 30 points again is not acceptable. If you see the young man in the car park on the way out by all means give a nod, but don't be running out on the track straight after the final heat. Would Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho or any self respecting manager do that? No. You wouldn't be seeing Peter Adams behaving like that.

It just comes across as having no pride in his sides performance & Rye as a club not to be taken seriously.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

There's a time and a place & bouncing out on track all smiles, pats on back, handshakes and congratulations with the BV side after being stuffed by nearly 30 points again is not acceptable. If you see the young man in the car park on the way out by all means give a nod, but don't be running out on the track straight after the final heat. Would Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho or any self respecting manager do that? No. You wouldn't be seeing Peter Adams behaving like that.

It just comes across as having no pride in his sides performance & Rye as a club not to be taken seriously.

Well Jose has done it on a good few occasions, it's called class 

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

A handshake would be it, not the rest. I was not their so I accept your interpretation. Your comparison to soccer managers response is one I would not want to be compared to.

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

The best prospect we have had since PC and Mort..

Really?  I remember a 16 year old Joe Screen visiting Dudley Wood & Monmore a few weeks after his 16th Birthday.  The sport has moved on from then admittedly, in terms of professionalism and I haven't seen much of Bewley.  Then again, what ultimately became of Joe Screen?