British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle vue -V- Rye House 23.04.18

3 minutes ago, westhamboy66 said:

I find all this embarrassing. Rye House have always been a second tier club running on weekends and have done pretty well too. Now we are running again on an unfamiliar night and given the side we are putting out the crowds will dwindle. Harris Robson and Nicholls have hardly set the Second tier alight and at this level are the basis of a side that will get mauled every time away from home. We didn’t make the playoffs last year, we have learned nothing from team building last season and  the current side would struggle against Championsip teams. Even down to no team Kevlar we look a second rate club going nowhere and have a stadium that has gone backwards since the BMR mob moved in. Fans wanted Silver out and now they have what they wished for

Agree with majority of the post.

The old PL league was getting very stale at Rye. There wasn't much motivation to watch poor sides like Scunthorpe, Berwick, Plymouth and Redcar turn up year after year. Also Silver built dreadful sides for many years, so I had no problem with him going. His time was well up. Crowds were down to a few hundred in his final seasons.

The problem is Jenson, who is running the show for BMR, has no idea about the sport. Has come in as a complete outsider and looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and has no knowledge of riders etc. Having someone like Schroeck alongside who was away from the sport for years doesn't help.

The size of the crowds last year proved the decision to move up was correct, but they will ruin it all this year with such a crap side put out. Lose at home to Wolves on Wednesday and that should be it for some of these riders and will show how badly they got the team building wrong.

5 hours ago, ray c said:

still knocking craig cook i see :lol:

concentrate on your own super league winning unbeatable team :lol:

3 hours ago, Chris said:

The old PL league was getting very stale at Rye. There wasn't much motivation to watch poor sides like Scunthorpe, Berwick, Plymouth and Redcar turn up year after year. Also Silver built dreadful sides for many years, so I had no problem with him going. His time was well up. Crowds were down to a few hundred in his final seasons.

The problem is Jenson, who is running the show for BMR, has no idea about the sport. Has come in as a complete outsider and looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and has no knowledge of riders etc. Having someone like Schroeck alongside who was away from the sport for years doesn't help.

The size of the crowds last year proved the decision to move up was correct, but they will ruin it all this year with such a crap side put out. Lose at home to Wolves on Wednesday and that should be it for some of these riders and will show how badly they got the team building wrong.

I don't know why Ricky Wells wasn't re-signed. He was probably their best rider from August onwards. He certainly won more heats than any other Rocket during this period. Still available as is Richie Worrall.

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

concentrate on your own super league winning unbeatable team :lol:

What are you on about it was a poole poster who said it .I happen to like craig cook 100% british and belle vue speedway i replied to someone who was knocking craig !!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I don’t like Cook. Would happily admit that. 

Just never really have. 

Personally , or as a speedway rider ?

21 minutes ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Personally , or as a speedway rider ?

They don't like English riders in Dorset some fans are calling for young Shanes to be dropped!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, colin wood said:

They don't like English riders in Dorset some fans are calling for young Shanes to be dropped!

I think you will find it is only one and he is not really a poole fan as you put it 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Hahahah. 

Sure everyone has a rider they aren’t too fond of. 

7 actually, but it's easier to just say Poole Pirates.;):D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chris said:

I think the part about Jenson not being a speedway man is the nail hit on the head. Schroeck too doesn't fill me with confidence as a team manager either. Since the new promotion has come in we have had a lot of 'name' signings as I'd describe it. In the Premier League Lanham was signed on the back of the fact he was a 10 point rider at that level in the early 2000s, Peter Karger signed because his dad is Brian Karger who used to be half decent. 

Then last season, Harris, Nicholls and Watt, all signed on reputation and the fact that they had done well in the past. There's more than that to singing riders. We were lucky to have KK fall into our lap mid-season and, yes, we did end the season as the form team. But we still didn't make the play-offs. Other teams strengthened over the winter and we made two like-for-like changes. Complacency perhaps, or thinking that other sides wouldn't be looking to put together sides different to what they had last year. A few of us said here and on Facebook that is wasn't enough but were shot down by a vocal majority. Those who think that we should all just be grateful to have Speedway to watch. 

Having three riders north of 35 years of age was always a worry for me. Harris to me seems like a Glasgow rider who comes to us as his second club to go through the motions and pick up his pay. Perhaps that is down to Glasgow's PR side being better though and me taking it the wrong way. He certainly isn't a top tier heatleader any more though. Nicholls' troubles may well be down to his machinery but that needs nipping in the bud asap. There's a lot of pressure on Robbo. He is one of my favourite all time riders but his average is expensive and the team was built for him to score lots of points from reserve. 

I've waffled on here, apologies. I have been planning on going tomorrow night having not been able to make it to the called off Leicester meeting, I fear we'll get turned over though by what looks like an average Wolves side at best. 

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That was a special ride

Mustve been great to be there live

Its moments like that that stick with a fan forever

• Like 2

I was in Manchester last evening on a business trip so went along to this meeting and see the NSS. Had a good evening, meal in peter craven lounge, grandstand seat. Early rain drained away and there were some fine races.  Only KK any good for rye house. Chatted with a couple of BV fans who were good company. Back home in Poole now looking forward to Thursday with the Pirates. 

• Like 3