British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle vue -V- Rye House 23.04.18

My first visit to any Manchester track and now completed a meeting at every speedway track in all three leagues. 

My impression of the stadium is very favourable. Excellent viewing from the main stand, but £21 is a bit pricy. For an extra £3 you can have a padded seat!

Upon arrival we were directed to a car park  (£3) near the pits bend which was almost full at 6pm. If this is the only car park then that’s inadequate. 

My 3 year old son wasn’t keen on the loud engines and had his hands over his ears for the first half of the meeting. One of the stewards must’ve seen this and kindly brought us some ear plugs. A very nice gesture we thought. 

On the whole a pretty enjoyable experience despite the score. The track looks fantastic and with better opposition should serve up some cracking racing. 

• Like 2

Glad you enjoyed it.  There were some good races, especially for us Aces fans.

There is a bigger car park on the south side of the stadium plus another one in an adjoining school, so plenty of car parking. 

Hope you make it back.

• Like 1

Just got round to reading the thread after being away since Monday night.

Well thank goodness for one Krzysztof Kasprzak. With 7 x Aces 5-1s  there were just 8 heats (of course) where the Rockets actually finished ahead of a Belle Vue rider - and KK was involved in 6 of those heats. After heat 7 he was, infact, the only Rocket to finish infront of an Ace for the rest of the match.

And yet it was still a match which had its fair share of decent close racing - heat 11 for instance with Fricke, Etheridge & Bomber. And, of course, it had Dan Bewley..........

5 hours ago, Shadders said:

My first visit to any Manchester track and now completed a meeting at every speedway track in all three leagues. 

My impression of the stadium is very favourable. Excellent viewing from the main stand, but £21 is a bit pricy. For an extra £3 you can have a padded seat!

Upon arrival we were directed to a car park  (£3) near the pits bend which was almost full at 6pm. If this is the only car park then that’s inadequate. 

My 3 year old son wasn’t keen on the loud engines and had his hands over his ears for the first half of the meeting. One of the stewards must’ve seen this and kindly brought us some ear plugs. A very nice gesture we thought. 

On the whole a pretty enjoyable experience despite the score. The track looks fantastic and with better opposition should serve up some cracking racing. 

There are 4 official car parks round the stadium so plenty of parking for normal meetings. 

South stand standing is available too for £18 and view is even better as you are closer to the track and better atmosphere.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There are 4 official car parks round the stadium so plenty of parking for normal meetings. 

South stand standing is available too for £18 and view is even better as you are closer to the track and better atmosphere.

Hadn’t been before, so we went to the first available car park

Needed a seat as we had a toddler with us who was flagging by the end of the night

Rob, do you know whether there is a youtube clip of heat 14 where Tungate got KK on the line?

15 minutes ago, coldace said:

Rob, do you know whether there is a youtube clip of heat 14 where Tungate got KK on the line?

No they just chosen heat 15

On 4/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, coldace said:

Heat 14 now online :

• Like 4