British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Brummies v Kent Ch Wed 25th April

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Layne Cupitt, Mitchell Davey, Callum Walker, Danyon Hume, Arran Butcher, Leon Flint.

KENT: Luke Bowen, Anders Rowe, Nathan Stoneman, Taylor Hampshire, Jack Thomas, Alex Spooner, Jacob Clouting. 

Not a fan of either club (Eastbourne is my club) but I am in Wolverhampton on business tomorrow evening so may pop along for this. Bit of speedway or night on my own in a hotel room? no brainer really! 

2 hours ago, stevec said:

Not a fan of either club (Eastbourne is my club) but I am in Wolverhampton on business tomorrow evening so may pop along for this. Bit of speedway or night on my own in a hotel room? no brainer really! 

What's on the telly in the hotel room? Let's hope that the weather forecast is wrong, eh?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

What's on the telly in the hotel room? Let's hope that the weather forecast is wrong, eh?

No idea, usual drivel I expect. Yeh, sods law it will be off and hotel TV it is!

Think the Brummies will be a bit too strong on home shale. Bowen may be one of the few riders in the league who could trouble Davey on current form but is still likely to be rusty. Thomas obviously went well last week but i fear there is little support elsewhere and there is a huge risk that Flint will run riot at reserve. If the Kings keep it to a 10 point defeat they will have done alright.

Guest GiveusaB
1 hour ago, Argos said:

Any weather updates please 

Sunny all morning...clouds starting to gather.....sharp showers predicted, nothing prolonged....hopefully?

Guest GiveusaB
9 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think the Brummies will be a bit too strong on home shale. Bowen may be one of the few riders in the league who could trouble Davey on current form but is still likely to be rusty. Thomas obviously went well last week but i fear there is little support elsewhere and there is a huge risk that Flint will run riot at reserve. If the Kings keep it to a 10 point defeat they will have done alright.

Not so sure that we'll win that comfortably? Or even at all ? It's a very well balanced meeting imo....

Davey will obviously be the stand out rider, but if Thomas/Bowen can trap him, then I'm sure they're quick enough to beat him!

Flint is going great and will walk the reserve race, but Hampshire and Rowe are a bit too strong for him at the moment...imo

We need Cupitt to perform and Bacon to sit still at the start,  if we're going to nick this one !?

Largely as expected last night. Brum heat leaders just edging it, Kent second strings slightly better than their opposition but reserves 16-4 in Birmingham's favour. Flint was always going to be a treat but once he could take all the reserve rides it was game over. Sets up the return match quite nicely where i think it will be closer overall but the melted easter egg cup looks to have a big red B on it.

Guest GiveusaB
12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Largely as expected last night. Brum heat leaders just edging it, Kent second strings slightly better than their opposition but reserves 16-4 in Birmingham's favour. Flint was always going to be a treat but once he could take all the reserve rides it was game over. Sets up the return match quite nicely where i think it will be closer overall but the melted easter egg cup looks to have a big red B on it.

Yes.....you've summed it up perfectly! Flint wont be at reserve for long! He's head and shoulders above Walker/Cupitt already !

Once Walker and Cupitt joined in the fun, the Brummies were the more solid team, as happened at Stoke. Kent were lucky in the last heat; a Brummies 5-1 turned into a 3-3 by the Kent riders falling!

Guest GiveusaB

What was the dough-nut ref playing at in heat 15??? Holding the tapes for so long twice ???

At what stage into the race did the stoppage happen? I know there is a rule introduced this year where a ref MAY start the remaining rider off 15metres IF one team is on a clear 5-1 when the stoppage occurs.