British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Rye House v Wolves 25.04.18

It does, however, count as a ride in the averages.

44 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It does, however, count as a ride in the averages.

If they are replaced, it doesn't count towards averages.

14 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

You may well be right but the season starts in March and by June or July when his is up to standard he may well have been one of the big reasons why Rye House will be out of the playoffs and a season ending again in early September. 

Which begs the question why does he do it? :blink: Seen him enough seasons at Coventry to know he usually struggles early season getting the right set up for his bike/s and then gradually gets them sorted out, only to get rid of them at the end of the year.  You'd think riders would want to save the expense of new equipment but it doesn't seem to work like that.

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

If they are replaced, it doesn't count towards averages.

It does. Unless there has been a recent rule change, a tape exclusion counts as a ride in the averages.

If they are replaced, it doesn't count as one of the rides for the meeting, but still does in regards of the rider's average.

A two-minute exclusion does not count towards the averages.

The only doubt I have is that this is a fact from about 20 years ago, so may have changed. But it was certainly the case in the past and I'm 99.9% certain it still is.

Edited by Grachan

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

It does. Unless there has been a recent rule change, a tape exclusion counts as a ride in the averages.

If they are replaced, it doesn't count as one of the rides for the meeting, but still does in regards of the rider's average.

A two-minute exclusion does not count towards the averages.

The only doubt I have is that this is a fact from about 20 years ago, so may have changed. But it was certainly the case in the past and I'm 99.9% certain it still is.

I've always been led to believe that neither a two minute exclusion or tape offence count assuming they are replaced, as they are both treated the same.

They only count if they are not replaced and therefore are a non starter if they don't take part in the race.

Maybe somebody else could clarify that. Where's SCB when you need him?!

13 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I've always been led to believe that neither a two minute exclusion or tape offence count assuming they are replaced, as they are both treated the same.

They only count if they are not replaced and therefore are a non starter if they don't take part in the race.

Maybe somebody else could clarify that. Where's SCB when you need him?!

You don't need him. I am correct. I spent my formative years obsessed with averages.

Whether or not a rider is replaced is irrelevant in terms of average. It is only relevant in  terms of how many rides are counted towards his total in the meeting.

Two minute exclusion - not counted towards averages.

Tapes exclusion - counts towards averages.

Exclusion for moving at the start.. .er... dunno. You never had that when I was obsessed with averages.

Ricky wells scored well tonight,  have always liked him from when he started at Coventy. Shame not to see him back at Rye this season. 

Can see somebody snapping him up hopefully.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Ricky wells scored well tonight,  have always liked him from when he started at Coventy. Shame not to see him back at Rye this season. 

Can see somebody snapping him up hopefully.

A 15 point maximum in fact. An opportunity exists to completely revamp this side. Out go Harris, Kennett, Robson and Clegg. In come Richie Worrall, Ricky Wells, Paul Starke and Ben Morley. Very harsh but possible and fits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tocha said:

A 15 point maximum in fact. An opportunity exists to completely revamp this side. Out go Harris, Kennett, Robson and Clegg. In come Richie Worrall, Ricky Wells, Paul Starke and Ben Morley. Very harsh but possible and fits.

And makes no sense as it doesn't make us stronger. Harris is better than Worrall, I'd put Robbo ahead of Starke too. Wells would be better than Kennett away but worse at home. Morley is too expensive on the average he has and far from good enough on away tracks. 

If NBJ is on a 4.15 we need to try get him in any way possible. Surprised nobody has gone for Josh Auty on a 4.68 too, not a world beater by any means but for a rider a point and a bit more expensive than Morley, for example, you're getting a rider twice as good if not more in reality. 

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

And makes no sense as it doesn't make us stronger. Harris is better than Worrall, I'd put Robbo ahead of Starke too. Wells would be better than Kennett away but worse at home. Morley is too expensive on the average he has and far from good enough on away tracks. 

If NBJ is on a 4.15 we need to try get him in any way possible. Surprised nobody has gone for Josh Auty on a 4.68 too, not a world beater by any means but for a rider a point and a bit more expensive than Morley, for example, you're getting a rider twice as good if not more in reality. 

I thought Rye House were so rubbish Championship teams would beat them??

32 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I thought Rye House were so rubbish Championship teams would beat them??

We both know I never said that. Sad.

2 hours ago, Ben91 said:

We both know I never said that. Sad.

On 17/04/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ben91 said:

A few Championship sides would give us a test over two legs I'd wager. 

To give someone a test over two legs it generally would mean beating them in the home leg. 

So no, not 'sad'. That was your over reaction to the result at Wolves and subsequent inability to put forward any modicum of argument to support it. All you were asked was to name ONE such Championship side, instead you had a paddy.

This Rye side should hold it's own at home, but they'll need Harris to pick up his game to do so. 

Edited by BWitcher

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

To give someone a test over two legs it generally would mean beating them in the home leg. 

So no, not 'sad'. That was your over reaction to the result at Wolves and subsequent inability to put forward any modicum of argument to support it. All you were asked was to name ONE such Championship side, instead you had a paddy.

This Rye side should hold it's own at home, but they'll need Harris to pick up his game to do so. 

Not at all. I'm all for debate with people who don't attempt to patronise and speak as if their opinion is gospel. No paddies being thrown here. Life's too short. If it makes you feel better you can chalk it up as an argument won though. Well done. 

10 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Not at all. I'm all for debate with people who don't attempt to patronise and speak as if their opinion is gospel. No paddies being thrown here. Life's too short. If it makes you feel better you can chalk it up as an argument won though. Well done. 

Pointing out you are wrong and providing evidence for that assertion is not patronising.

I'm not discussing an opinion here, I am discussing reality. If you say something that is nonsense, I will say it's nonsense. 

The very fact you are unable to name ONE Championship team that would beat Rye or even give 'them a test over two legs' speaks volumes. You've had ample opportunity to do so. 

The simple reality is, you know you were posting in haste, over reacted and made a silly comment. No big deal, we all do it, myself included. The difference is whether you hold your hands up to that or continue digging and then when all else fails resort to the contrived nonsense you've posted here. 

Just now, BWitcher said:

Pointing out you are wrong and providing evidence for that assertion is not patronising.

I'm not discussing an opinion here, I am discussing reality. If you say something that is nonsense, I will say it's nonsense. 

The very fact you are unable to name ONE Championship team that would beat Rye or even give 'them a test over two legs' speaks volumes. You've had ample opportunity to do so. 

The simple reality is, you know you were posting in haste, over reacted and made a silly comment. No big deal, we all do it, myself included. The difference is whether you hold your hands up to that or continue digging and then when all else fails resort to the contrived nonsense you've posted here. 

Cool story bro.