Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Rye House v Wolves 25.04.18

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

NBJ was the difference, fair play to him.

Best reserves, or just one reserve who can mop up, will win a team the league.    It needs changing.

• Like 1

Surely Max needs to be replaced ASAP way out of his depth.

Thank goodness for NBJ.

21 minutes ago, Mark said:

Best reserves, or just one reserve who can mop up, will win a team the league.    It needs changing.

Absolutely SPOT ON buddy. Been like that for a few seasons now. You add up and compare the combined scores of numbers 6 and 7 for each team in 8/10 meetings and that will be the difference between the two sides. Unless someone is injured then the max number of rides a reserve should be allowed during a meeting should be 5 instead of 7.

Edited by ytsejam

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at the Rye House team tonight, Wolves should have won that. 

Think most were thinking the same when Poole went to Belle Vue who were terribly weakened. 

But still, we got a point. So they all count come September. 

10 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Absolutely SPOT ON buddy. Been like that for a few seasons now. You add up and compare the combined scores of numbers 6 and 7 for each team in 8/10 meetings and that will be the difference between the two sides. Unless someone is injured then the max number of rides a reserve should be allowed during a meeting should be 5 instead of 7.

5 rides would seem about right.     I don't agree that a reserve who is riding poorly can only have 3 rides.    He is part of the team and should take his 4 rides.

59 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

47 minutes ago, Mark said:

5 rides would seem about right.     I don't agree that a reserve who is riding poorly can only have 3 rides.    He is part of the team and should take his 4 rides.

Dear me.. this forum does talk some nonsense at times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Dear me.. this forum does talk some nonsense at times.

Why is it nonsense ?     

Just now, Mark said:

Why is it nonsense ?     

It's how you build your side.

Some prefer to be top heavy with weaker reserves, others go more balanced ensuring always a strong reserve. It's not a recent thing, it's been that way for decades.

It creates opportunity for astute management (which there is hardly opportunity for anymore) yet some want to sterilise the tactical options yet further.

Jakobsen had seven rides tonight purely because of RR. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's how you build your side.

Some prefer to be top heavy with weaker reserves, others go more balanced ensuring always a strong reserve. It's not a recent thing, it's been that way for decades.

It creates opportunity for astute management (which there is hardly opportunity for anymore) yet some want to sterilise the tactical options yet further.

Jakobsen had seven rides tonight purely because of RR. 

I overlooked the RR tonight so get your point about Jabobsen's 7 rides tonight.     But I still think both reserves should take 4 rides each and not 5/3.      I also think when a rider goes through the tapes a reserve should not be allowed to take his place.   Go off 15 metres instead.

4 hours ago, Beowulf said:

This year it appears that Harris  and Nicholls have not started well in their first two away matches and are out of form.

If Chris has done what he usually did at Coventry at the beginning of the season and changed his equipment from the previous year he will be okay around June/July time when he's got everything sorted out and by the end of the season he will be flying.  Could never understand this as the bikes would be wrapped in cotton wool over the Winter if they were mine, but hey ho there must be a reason. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, g13webb said:

Kennett can be relied upon to get double figures at home and will be a big loss.   Hoddesdon is a tight track with precise lines that does give the home side a big advantage,   however,  although Monmore  is a different length  it has similar precise lines and should suit Wolves better than most.     Wolves on a roll and team performing above average,  RH  have not started too well, all these points add up in Wolves favour..  Can only see Wolves a win.    

NB  That's bound to put the Mockers on them   ;)

Well apparently,  it did put the 'Mockers'  on a Wolves win.   Congratulation to RH on a good performance, especially coming from behind early on.   Of all the teams visiting  RH I thought Wolves would  possibly win  more than others would.     Those who questioned  KK to race here, sure had their thoughts answered tonight....   

Once a talented rider,  always a talented rider....

KK has always had the talent, it's his desire which determines how well he scores. When on song and in full flight their are few better riders in the world.

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Well apparently,  it did put the 'Mockers'  on a Wolves win.   Congratulation to RH on a good performance, especially coming from behind early on.   Of all the teams visiting  RH I thought Wolves would  possibly win  more than others would.     Those who questioned  KK to race here, sure had their thoughts answered tonight....   

Once a talented rider,  always a talented rider....

Great comeback from the Rockets with NBJ (an interesting conundrum who gets left out? as surely Rye cannot release him especially on his average)  clearly keeping Rye House is the meeting on his own early on, and KK finishing it off. Big mention though to Howarth, I rider who seems to be very underrated and also to Schlein for some hard but fair racing. Wolves deserved their point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark said:

I overlooked the RR tonight so get your point about Jabobsen's 7 rides tonight.     But I still think both reserves should take 4 rides each and not 5/3.      I also think when a rider goes through the tapes a reserve should not be allowed to take his place.   Go off 15 metres instead.

Well if you want to reduce crowds further that would be a great idea.