British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Rye House v Wolves 25.04.18

You’s are mad if you dont get NBJ in that team asap my choice would be NBJ and Gappmaier for Summers and Clegg if it fits. Gapp started the season on fire for Berwick and has been decent at Rye in the past if not would Morley work? Harsh to drop Robson but straight swap may be easier as it’s harsh dropping any of them but that’s speedway.

9 hours ago, Gemini said:

If Chris has done what he usually did at Coventry at the beginning of the season and changed his equipment from the previous year he will be okay around June/July time when he's got everything sorted out and by the end of the season he will be flying.  Could never understand this as the bikes would be wrapped in cotton wool over the Winter if they were mine, but hey ho there must be a reason. 

You may well be right but the season starts in March and by June or July when his is up to standard he may well have been one of the big reasons why Rye House will be out of the playoffs and a season ending again in early September. 

9 hours ago, Mark said:

I overlooked the RR tonight so get your point about Jabobsen's 7 rides tonight.     But I still think both reserves should take 4 rides each and not 5/3.      I also think when a rider goes through the tapes a reserve should not be allowed to take his place.   Go off 15 metres instead.

For me there is nothing better than a reserve having seven rides and having a great meeting. Six was the max a few years ago but for me given the possibilities of RR and injuries during the meeting 7 is about right  I've had enough of three rider races

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Well apparently,  it did put the 'Mockers'  on a Wolves win.   Congratulation to RH on a good performance, especially coming from behind early on.   Of all the teams visiting  RH I thought Wolves would  possibly win  more than others would.     Those who questioned  KK to race here, sure had their thoughts answered tonight....   

Once a talented rider,  always a talented rider....

Out of 3 matches so far twice he has a scored well and once only scored 5.

That's a usual KK pattern. He is as often poor as he is good.  Standard KK.

With some riders not having team kevlars it would be nice if Rye had some race jackets and not 

those awful team shirts!

The interval demo on the motor x track was interesting.......

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You’s are mad if you dont get NBJ in that team asap my choice would be NBJ and Gappmaier for Summers and Clegg if it fits. Gapp started the season on fire for Berwick and has been decent at Rye in the past if not would Morley work? Harsh to drop Robson but straight swap may be easier as it’s harsh dropping any of them but that’s speedway.

I was told last night that NBJ's Wednesday Danish commitments rule out him moving in to the Rockets side permanently. Otherwise he'd be a shoo-in to replace Clegg, total points allowing. 

Edited by SFTGNigel

1 hour ago, GWC said:

With some riders not having team kevlars it would be nice if Rye had some race jackets and not 

those awful team shirts!

The interval demo on the motor x track was interesting.......

Really? I found it as dull as ditchwater and had the rain that threatened late on curtailed the meeting then the time wasted on it would have been infuriating. There is no likelihood of cross-pollination between MotoX and speedway supporters and the centre green is now an eyesore that will limit the view for far too many when a decent crowd turns up. 

Agree on race jackets, Wolves looked like a pro outfit last night against Ragtag Rockets, especially with Harris and Nicholls having to tie a big knot in those tacky shirts to reduce drag from them flapping behind them. 

I can understand the cost of kevlars being prohibitive but a race jacket can be knocked up for a couple of hundred quid surely, I'd be willing to sponsor one if I got it at the end of the season (especially if it was blue and yellow!). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Great comeback from the Rockets with NBJ (an interesting conundrum who gets left out? as surely Rye cannot release him especially on his average)  clearly keeping Rye House is the meeting on his own early on, and KK finishing it off. Big mention though to Howarth, I rider who seems to be very underrated and also to Schlein for some hard but fair racing. Wolves deserved their point.

Yeah, agree with all that. Felt the meeting was a lot more gating-orientated last night than is usual at Rye House and it took the home riders longer to get their starts right, once they did it their advantage was clearly with them. 

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Well if you want to reduce crowds further that would be a great idea.

Proof in the pudding is in the eating

32 minutes ago, Mark said:

Proof in the pudding is in the eating

So you think it's a better spectacle to see a reserve, i.e. the lesser standard rider in the race the vast majority of the time, start 15 metres back rather than be replaced by another reserve?

The mind boggles.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

So you think it's a better spectacle to see a reserve, i.e. the lesser standard rider in the race the vast majority of the time, start 15 metres back rather than be replaced by another reserve?

The mind boggles.

We're talking at cross purposes, I can't be bothered expanding, takes too long to type.   I'll leave it there cheers

4 hours ago, westhamboy66 said:

You may well be right but the season starts in March and by June or July when his is up to standard he may well have been one of the big reasons why Rye House will be out of the playoffs and a season ending again in early September. 

The only problem for Doris is that by the time he's sorted out come june/july, so have the others:P

48 minutes ago, Mark said:

We're talking at cross purposes, I can't be bothered expanding, takes too long to type.   I'll leave it there cheers

Recognise the tactic BW? When in strife, close down the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the point Mark was making was that he'd rather see the rider who breaks the tapes go off 15m and not be replaced by a reserve.Not the reserve go off 15m lol!

16 hours ago, Mark said:

Best reserves, or just one reserve who can mop up, will win a team the league.    It needs changing.

That doesn't happen now as much as it did. Look at the p/off final last season, the 2 teams that contested it had arguably the worst reserves in the league.

59 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

The only problem for Doris is that by the time he's sorted out come june/july, so have the others:P

Recognise the tactic BW? When in strife, close down the discussion.

I can't be bothered , it's simple as that.    Nothing to do with strife. 

45 minutes ago, colin wood said:

I think the point Mark was making was that he'd rather see the rider who breaks the tapes go off 15m and not be replaced by a reserve.Not the reserve go off 15m lol!

Correct.  Thank you.    Unfortunately Bwitcher didn't understand my point.    No point me continuing the discussion.

Edited by Mark