British Speedway Forum
89buttons

Ipswich vs Newcastle 26/4/18

Better start this off then!

Nico confirmed broken ribs so out for a few weeks - a revert to last years riding order of heeps at 3 and Rory 5 with Lewis Kerr in for  nico at 4!

must win for the witches need to start getting some confidence in the camp!

palm Toft an astute choice of guest for Newcastle given how well he went for Peterborough the other week - but I’m confident we can get the first win of year nevertheless!

although cam only scored 4 points Monday he passed and held off kildemand for a third place and finished with a win over grazcjonek so let’s hope he can get going at Ipswich now too! Just needs to make some starts!

riding orders taken from witches website

Ipswich1. Danny King 8.87 © 2. Michael Härtel 5.20 3. Cameron Heeps 6.93 4. Lewis Kerr (g) 7.49 5. Rory Schlein 8.58 6. Connor Mountain 3.33 7. Danyon Hume 2.00. Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

Newcastle1. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21 © 2. R/R for Tero Aarnio 5.02 3. Michael Palm Toft (g) 7.02 4. Matthew Wethers 5.65 5. Lewis Rose 6.49 6. Carl Wilkinson 4.97 7. Ashley Morris 4.88. Team Manager: George English

Id say that before a wheel was turned this season most wouldve expected the Witches to hit 60 in this one.

Now 50 would be delightful and 46 accepted gratefully!

Time for the boys to stand up and be counted. Sitting in a corner moping and feeling sorry for yourself is not the way to sort things out.

Chin up, chest out, tell yourself youre good enough (because you are!) and then go out and prove it.

• Like 1

Yes a surprisingly sluggish start to Ipswich season especially given their powerful top 4 on paper

after Newcastles horror show at redcar, they responded with 2 very good performances and wins (and 2 fingers up at us critics :D) , both of the which the scoreline flattered the opposition on both matches !!  However, they were against teams built similar to us and I expect us, Redcar and Berwick to be in the bottom 4 .....

so a confident Newcastle ride into town and will take all the points ?   I don't think so ......  only Ashley is riding well to be fair (very well at that though)

Question is can a Newcastle rider get anywhere near danny and rory .... I doubt it and I would be surprised if they don't chalk up 28 points and 2 maximums

But the Ipswich reserves look weak and could score only 1 point - the big question is how well Ipswich middle order well fare - can they get 17 points in 12 rides to secure a 46-44 .... difficult to say ... Kerr can be flaky (depends on his gating gloves) and Heeps and Hartel are not exactly flying .............  but who knows with Newcastle .... toft is a good guest but can luddo, wethers and rose provide him with enough support....

I think the Ipswich reserves will pick points off us and will be the key factor in a 51-39 win for the witches ...... anything below 36 for Newcastle will be very disappointing ... given we are on an up, Ipswich on a down and that our powerful reserves are against one of the weaker pairings

31 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Yes a surprisingly sluggish start to Ipswich season especially given their powerful top 4 on paper

after Newcastles horror show at redcar, they responded with 2 very good performances and wins (and 2 fingers up at us critics :D) , both of the which the scoreline flattered the opposition on both matches !!  However, they were against teams built similar to us and I expect us, Redcar and Berwick to be in the bottom 4 .....

so a confident Newcastle ride into town and will take all the points ?   I don't think so ......  only Ashley is riding well to be fair (very well at that though)

Question is can a Newcastle rider get anywhere near danny and rory .... I doubt it and I would be surprised if they don't chalk up 28 points and 2 maximums

But the Ipswich reserves look weak and could score only 1 point - the big question is how well Ipswich middle order well fare - can they get 17 points in 12 rides to secure a 46-44 .... difficult to say ... Kerr can be flaky (depends on his gating gloves) and Heeps and Hartel are not exactly flying .............  but who knows with Newcastle .... toft is a good guest but can luddo, wethers and rose provide him with enough support....

I think the Ipswich reserves will pick points off us and will be the key factor in a 51-39 win for the witches ...... anything below 36 for Newcastle will be very disappointing ... given we are on an up, Ipswich on a down and that our powerful reserves are against one of the weaker pairings

Not sure Connor & Danyon will cope with Ashley & Carl !

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Better start this off then!

Nico confirmed broken ribs so out for a few weeks - a revert to last years riding order of heeps at 3 and Rory 5 with Lewis Kerr in for  nico at 4!

must win for the witches need to start getting some confidence in the camp!

palm Toft an astute choice of guest for Newcastle given how well he went for Peterborough the other week - but I’m confident we can get the first win of year nevertheless!

although cam only scored 4 points Monday he passed and held off kildemand for a third place and finished with a win over grazcjonek so let’s hope he can get going at Ipswich now too! Just needs to make some starts!

riding orders taken from witches website

Ipswich1. Danny King 8.87 © 2. Michael Härtel 5.20 3. Cameron Heeps 6.93 4. Lewis Kerr (g) 7.49 5. Rory Schlein 8.58 6. Connor Mountain 3.33 7. Danyon Hume 2.00. Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

Newcastle1. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21 © 2. R/R for Tero Aarnio 5.02 3. Michael Palm Toft (g) 7.02 4. Matthew Wethers 5.65 5. Lewis Rose 6.49 6. Carl Wilkinson 4.97 7. Ashley Morris 4.88. Team Manager: George English

Just a question, but if Palm-Toft is in to replace Robbo, would he not ride at 5 instead of 3 or have we shuffled the pack for this meeting?

I've seem Wilko fly round the Fox Holes in between falls.

And Morris knows what it's like to be a league champion!!

58 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Just a question, but if Palm-Toft is in to replace Robbo, would he not ride at 5 instead of 3 or have we shuffled the pack for this meeting?

Couldn’t tell you - just took it as is and copied straight over from ippo website mate! 

Maybe the Newcastle management see a better opportunity of heat advantages targeting heeps/Kerr at 3/4 than Schlein at 5 by putting palm Toft there? 

38 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

I've seem Wilko fly round the Fox Holes in between falls.

And Morris knows what it's like to be a league champion!!

Our reserves will for sure have to up their game for this one against decent opposing 6&7 pair

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Couldn’t tell you - just took it as is and copied straight over from ippo website mate! 

Maybe the Newcastle management see a better opportunity of heat advantages targeting heeps/Kerr at 3/4 than Schlein at 5 by putting palm Toft there? 

You might be right on that one!!

The two Newcastle reserves will be their top 2 scorers, Wilkinson could easily score double figures, but could also as easily have 3 falls and a submission...which one will it be Thursday 

7 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

The two Newcastle reserves will be their top 2 scorers, Wilkinson could easily score double figures, but could also as easily have 3 falls and a submission...which one will it be Thursday 

Well you wont know until after as you dont plan to be there :P

• Like 1