British Speedway Forum
89buttons

Ipswich vs Newcastle 26/4/18

Lots of people blaming Danny for nico’s crash but in all honesty can you say nico would’ve got round Danny and nick given ten goes..... Danny was always going to be taken to the fence with Morris knowing what was as stake and did well to stay on himself - I agree Danny doesn’t really ever look for a partner and that’s frustrating but these guys should be talking a game plan before races and even if not nico surely could’ve forseen where nick and Danny would likely be headed!?

For me no one really at fault more a racing incident with 3 riders desperately racing to come out of the bend at the front but the sensible option from outside gate for nico was the cutback!

hope nico heals up quick and can soon get himself back to last seasons form!

I think you can blame the entire team. They have not won and those incidents are irrelevant. Joking aside few if any group of seven riders compete or ride as a team any longer. Seven individuals who each have an agenda. Change the name for the purist who want league racing with all clubs being known as ‘team select’ that way you get what you have now. I still wonder why individual meetings are so poorly supported when team racing does not really exist any longer. I would rather see individual meetings or some form of meaningful national championship,which keeps tracks open then see a track close. Rye House survived on open meetings for many years so why not turn the clock back and get back to competitive racing. Just  a thought but something needs changing as the winters decisions are not working.

I hate being negative about certain things, but speedway is never going to getting  crowds back or become a bigger watched sport in this country.   There is a very big contingent of Polish people in Ipswich and other towns, and how many of them go?  What is it that the Poles that love speedway don't watch it over here.  

There is clearly something that does or more likely doesn't happen in this country that doesn't appeal to people anymore. 

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

19 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

I've got the awesome brilliant updates to keep me informed.

Slight issue there at the moment, just got a call from my mum and dad has been called up to the hospital late this afternoon for an emergency cardiac procedure...and I am their driver. Trying to organise a standby texter at the moment as my first standby is also unable to attend.

13 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Don't need a game plan for heat 13... when has Danny ever ridden the kerb.. we all know where he will go...

And finally the management team see the light and put Rory back to number 5.

20 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

I've got the awesome brilliant updates to keep me informed.

I'd rather smell the methanol and see the dirt flying thanks, rather than being an armchair critic, Updates are a very poor second if I really can't make the match

1 hour ago, crazysue said:

Slight issue there at the moment, just got a call from my mum and dad has been called up to the hospital late this afternoon for an emergency cardiac procedure...and I am their driver. Trying to organise a standby texter at the moment as my first standby is also unable to attend.

Whatever happened to that other chap that always used to do it when you were not there Sue?

12 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Well I can't make it, as doing something else, so updates is my best option.

Yes, and it's still a very good option. Pity AntiqueSteve doesn't appreciate them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Are you coming tonight tsunami?

Okay I will take the bait, I've been going for 42 years, I can count on one hand how many meetings I missed in 41 of those years, last year I did miss about 5,  and this season I've been to the 2 home and 1 away,  now if that's what's classed as an armchair critic, then so be it. 

Add to that the updates site is very good, run by the fans for the fans.