Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
89buttons

Ipswich vs Newcastle 26/4/18

Looked to be more dirt on the track last night which helped the team, not sure Rory liked it that much even though he got a max as he was shaking his head every time he came in from his races.

Good start to the league campaign, lets hope for a similar result against Lakeside next week. Will be interesting who we get as a guest at Lakeside on Friday as all but Newcastle are riding that night and I don't fancy any of their riders to replace Nico. Hopefully we can get a decent Premiership rider to replace him. Hope we don't go RR as we should've learnt our lessons after the finals last year about going into meetings with 6 men teams.

I certainly can't imagine a similar result next week, lakeside are far too good to be beaten like that. I would imagine we would need a lead of at least 16 to have any chance of progressing in the cup. Can we beat lakeside by 16? 

I would also imagine rr may be the best option at lakeside, an extra ride for Rory and 3 for conner.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

Fair comments on rose if he was hurt - stand by though riders will know in their hearts if they can race or not - teams don’t stand a chance going away from if their no.5 can’t race and it doesn’t attract fans that are new to the sport when riders are giving up!

hope Lewis is back race fit as soon as possible

oh dear - less said the better

well done Ashley .....  another good performance ..........  certainly wont be in the reserves for long ............  sadly a lad starting the season on 4.88 is topping our averages ... says it all really

luddo's miserable form continues .. very sadly... hes a much better rider than this

well roll on Sheffield on Sunday, a very difficult match which could expose our clear weaknesses and COULD end up in being a real thumping

oh and the maximum count against us is now 6 ... with 3 others being within a point of a max 

6 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

well done Ashley .....  another good performance ..........  certainly wont be in the reserves for long ............  sadly a lad starting the season on 4.88 is topping our averages ... says it all really

luddo's miserable form continues .. very sadly... hes a much better rider than this

well roll on Sheffield on Sunday, a very difficult match which could expose our clear weaknesses and COULD end up in being a real thumping

oh and the maximum count against us is now 6 ... with 3 others being within a point of a max 

Away from Home - that is questionable.

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

He's at reserve at least until 01 July. GS averages calculated on minimum 4H 4A LEAGUE fixtures only. Thes championship shield fixture don't count to the GS averages. Our last of the minimum requirement is at home on 17th June. First GS after that are 01 July. Unless, of course, they fill some of the blank dates between now and then by bringing fixtures forward.

20 minutes ago, leander said:

He's at reserve at least until 01 July. GS averages calculated on minimum 4H 4A LEAGUE fixtures only. Thes championship shield fixture don't count to the GS averages. Our last of the minimum requirement is at home on 17th June. First GS after that are 01 July. Unless, of course, they fill some of the blank dates between now and then by bringing fixtures forward.

Gambo has put on the rolling averages thread that 2017 WILL now be included (20 meeting total)

This could make a big difference and will certainly even out any potential large risers or fallers

• Like 1

Lindgren was terrible. Two of his three points were gifts.

Morris was excellent and Wethers certainly put the effort in but 60 points are likely to be the norm I’m afraid.

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Lindgren was terrible. Two of his three points were gifts.

Morris was excellent and Wethers certainly put the effort in but 60 points are likely to be the norm I’m afraid.

Were you there??

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Gambo has put on the rolling averages thread that 2017 WILL now be included (20 meeting total)

This could make a big difference and will certainly even out any potential large risers or fallers

That may or may not be true. It's not what the regulations state. But they are a bit vague to say the least. If it is true I would have expected some changes on the  latest Greensheet averages issued yesterday, especially in the premiership where a number of fixtures have been completed before the cut off date of 23rd. Yet there are no changes to anybody's averages, just re-declarations to cover injuries, etc. 

I think Im right in thinking Gambo provides the software used by the BSPA to produce the official stats so his understanding of the situation should be correct.

It is I agree another variation from the originally published regulations. You would expect to see revision of the regs and greensheets ASAP if so.

7 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Away from Home - that is questionable.

Needs to change his tuner methinks. His bikes are absolute crap this year.

He has his good tracks and his bad tracks, like most 3rd heat-leader/ top second string.

I tend to think Diamonds are like that song "I don't like Mondays , Thursdays"

25 minutes ago, leander said:

Needs to change his tuner methinks. His bikes are absolute crap this year.

He has his good tracks and his bad tracks, like most 3rd heat-leader/ top second string.

I tend to think Diamonds are like that song "I don't like Mondays , Thursdays"

You might be adding a few more days to that song by the end of the season,,, it might end up like a Craig David number ;)

• Haha 1

From the official Newcastle Diamonds website:

" Team building for the Newcastle "Boiler Technical Services" Diamonds over the latter part of the winter came in for a bit of a bashing it has to be aid, but the managerial plan seems to be falling into place."

I suspect we need to go back to the drawing board.  Might be the rather embarassing situation where the no 7 ends up being no 1 after the first official averages come into effect.

• Like 2