British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Sheffield v Redcar SGBCS 26/04/18 @ 19.30

Barker got a slap I hear tonight. Anyone know what happened 

• Haha 1

After heat 13 I heard Howarth telling Steady that going down the back straight Barker had told him that he was going to put him on a stretcher... Kyle took offence! No idea what was behind it as I didn’t see that Kyle had done anything wrong.

Somebody afterwards said that the threat extended to Wright as well, but I don’t know if that’s accurate or not.

Kyle had words after the race, punches were thrown, mechanics were involved... then it kicked off in the pits after Kyle’s dad had a word with Ben... more punches were thrown.

Nobody around me saw anything going on between Kyle and Barker in any of their races. Maybe a bit of close racing between Charlie and Barker, but nothing like Barker does all the time. If you dish it out you should be able to take it back They all need to be warned before the  return match on friday. We don't want anyone getting hurt.utt

• Like 3

Barker being a gobby little sh!te..... never?

The bloke will get his comeuppance one day when a rider takes real offence.

shame because in there somewhere is a good exciting rider 

• Like 3

Speedway could do with more of that. He should've tried saying it to Wilson/Matousek though, wouldn't have gotten out of there alive.

Well done to all the riders for getting on with the meeting which can't have been easy with poor visibility and a wet track which dried out quite well late on.Proctor kept the meeting closer than if Kus would have road.Nice to see our reserves amongst the points and Charles Wright gets more entertaining week by week. Very good signing. Well done Kyle for taking no rubbish off Barker.Does anyone know why we don't get guests to cover for Bates ?? 

You can only have a guest for your number 1 - unless they are riding in an official meeting elsewhere

Because he's a second string so you can only use R/R.

2 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

You can only have a guest for your number 1 - unless they are riding in an official meeting elsewhere

For the 3 heat leaders this year guests are allowed

As Baggy points out above 2nd strings are r/r 

• Like 2

Cheers for that. I know Peterborough and Ipswich have had guests for for non number ones when injured so wondered why we've not had guests.Think we should have got a temporary replacement as we are losing out on Bates points at the moment.

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

For the 3 heat leaders this year guests are allowed

As Baggy points out above 2nd strings are r/r 

Did not know that!! Thanks

Good all round performance from the Tigers, and the score flattered the Bears.

Did not see the Barker/ Howarth incident, so cannot comment and I doubt we will get full story.

Looking good for topping the group table, wonder if the Scorpions can make the best 2nd best team.