British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

Usually buy a day ticket for the trams. Last 24 hours from the time first used and can hop off anywhere you want to go. Trams very regular and on time

15 hours ago, magnus said:

Going to the Prague GP for the first time. Any hints, tips, or places to go would be appreciated. 

Taxi from central Prague to stadium or bus etc?

Cheers

Went to Prague on a short holiday.   Do not get a taxi as you will be taken for a ride.   Get a tram which is much easier.     Drinks in the main square are expensive, lovely atmosphere compensates but one road behind the square its 60% cheaper.   Pickpockets are everywhere.  They do not care how obvious they are, so be careful of flashing cash or phone.    Apart from that it is a great city.   If you want good value English food there is a Irish Bar just off Wenceslas Square http://www.rockyoreillys.cz/

17 hours ago, magnus said:

Going to the Prague GP for the first time. Any hints, tips, or places to go would be appreciated. 

Cheers

I travel everywhere by tram, your hotel will probably sell them, if not I`m sure they will point you in the right direction. You buy time with the tickets but they are so cheap go for an all day ticket, remember to validate your ticket on your first trip. The Bila Hora tram No22 will take you up to the speedway, the stop is about 10mins from the Marketa.

Bags are packed ready for an early flight out of Edinburgh, see you there.

• Thanks 1

Lovely weather in Prague today, better than yesterday as it appears there was heavy rain. Bite to eat then off to the practice.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:04 PM, magnus said:

Cheers

GREAT Irish bar in the corner of the main square. Terrific breakfast or fish and chips lunch. Guinness too. If you cannot find it, just listen for the sound of Tatum and Pearson's voices.

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

GREAT Irish bar in the corner of the main square. Terrific breakfast or fish and chips lunch. Guinness too. If you cannot find it, just listen for the sound of Tatum and Pearson's voices.

As one would expect from a couple of pro’s they will be on mineral water before the meeting- afterwards will be a different tipple !!!

8 hours ago, scaramanga said:

been told holder and syfudinof are both out but cant find anything to confirm this

Emil Sayfutdinov is definitely riding as he practiced last night.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Emil Sayfutdinov is definitely riding as he practiced last night.

Did Holder practice ! Or are you not allowed to say!!

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Did Holder practice ! Or are you not allowed to say!!

I didn't see all of practice but when I was there he didn't appear, that doesn't mean he isn't riding later as I don't think practice is compulsory. 

16 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

That’d be Caffreys Bar. There’s also an English pub (George and Dragon) next door. The Dubliner round the corner is better though.

10 hours ago, cphx said:

out how?

you tell me 

that's what I was trying to find out 

but cant see anything anywhere