British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

IF this is because the British Home Office have his passport then surely they are preventing a foreign national from earning a living in a country (countries) outside of the UK? Regardless of who it is, that doesn't sound right to me.

Surely if there is a problem then it goes for the whole EU area.So looks like he is stuck in Poland until the problem is solved?Sounds about right to me.Speedway riders don’t get special compensation.He can always go back to Oz and earn a living......Isn’t that what people say to most immigrants?This sort of thing has happened to John Lennon for instance.He was stuck in the US,afraid to leave or he wouldn’t be allowed back,I think

Edited by iris123

17 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Surely if there is a problem then it goes for the whole EU area.So looks like he is stuck in Poland until the problem is solved?Sounds about right to me.Speedway riders don’t get special compensation.He can always go back to Oz and earn a living......Isn’t that what people say to most immigrants?This sort of thing has happened to John Lennon for instance.He was stuck in the US,afraid to leave or he wouldn’t be allowed back,I think

WITH respect, you are missing the point. It is only the British authorities who are questioning his right to work in the UK. not the EU.He can work in Sweden and Poland. He already is. My point is that the British Home Office are retaining his Australian passport while they consider his application. Why can they not request his passport to enter a visa if authorised or if refused would have no need of it. It is not simply about work either. If he had his passport he could at least enter the UK to see his son Max. It seems like bureacratic nonsense.

I thought you said he wasn’t in Prague because of this and they are stopping him earning a living outside of the UK.Now you are talking about something different.Which topic are we discussing here?

40 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF this is because the British Home Office have his passport then surely they are preventing a foreign national from earning a living in a country (countries) outside of the UK? Regardless of who it is, that doesn't sound right to me.

This...    

20 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WITH respect, you are missing the point. It is only the British authorities who are questioning his right to work in the UK. not the EU.He can work in Sweden and Poland. He already is. My point is that the British Home Office are retaining his Australian passport while they consider his application. Why can they not request his passport to enter a visa if authorised or if refused would have no need of it. It is not simply about work either. If he had his passport he could at least enter the UK to see his son Max. It seems like bureacratic nonsense.

NO I'm not. 

Then maybe it is me,but I read it as he is being stopped from earning a living in a country(countries)outside the UK,because that is what you posted!!!Obviously you mean something else

I AM only surmising at present, but perhaps the reason he is not in Prague is because he cannot enter the country without his Australian passport. If that is the case, the British government are preventing a foreign national (in this case Australian) from plying his trade in another country outside their jurisdiction. And regardless off whether or not the British Home Office grant him a work visa (and why would they not, he has lived and worked in the UK for many years, has a child there along with property ) at present he cannot see his son Max and, trust me, that is causing him massive mental distress.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM only surmising at present, but perhaps the reason he is not in Prague is because he cannot enter the country without his Australian passport. If that is the case, the British government are preventing a foreign national (in this case Australian) from plying his trade in another country outside their jurisdiction. And regardless off whether or not the British Home Office grant him a work visa (and why would they not, he has lived and worked in the UK for many years, has a child there along with property ) at present he cannot see his son Max and, trust me, that is causing him massive mental distress.

Because there is clearly something strange about this whole situation that has yet to be revealed.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Sadly Phillip being the father of a british child means nothing, trust me I know personally:sad:, fathers, especially unmarried ones, have little rights to their child over the mother, so for that I sympathise with him. However everything else, whatever it is, will roll on slowly, after all he is only a speedway rider, if the desperately needed doctor's,  with jobs promised, can't get get visas ;).

Can't see why he can't travel around Europe though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Now I'm confused. You say he can work in Poland and Sweden, presumably also travel between them without a passport but he. Cannot do so in the Czech Republic. As they are all in the EU why not.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Now I'm confused. You say he can work in Poland and Sweden, presumably also travel between them without a passport but he. Cannot do so in the Czech Republic. As they are all in the EU why not.

My point entirely,which Phil neatly changed saying I missed the point that he cannot visit his son,which wasn’t even mentioned!!!Confused?You will be reading Phil’s posts.....

I think John Lennon also had a son in the UK that he couldn’t visit.....,

Edited by iris123

2 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Holder is in Prague now 

Lot of fuss about nothing then:wink:

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

Lot of fuss about nothing then:wink:

I wouldn’t go that far, he only just got there