British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Lot of fuss about nothing then:wink:

I won't believe anything until I see him on his bike on the track! :)

5 minutes ago, Badge said:

Did someone smuggle him in?

6 minutes ago, Badge said:

As usual if Poole are connected.

I find it strange that any GB authority had any power to stop someone travelling from Poland to Czech Republic, surely Holder would need his passport to get into Poland in the first place.

14 minutes ago, screm said:

I find it strange that any GB authority had any power to stop someone travelling from Poland to Czech Republic, surely Holder would need his passport to get into Poland in the first place.

Unless he submitted it after he had got to Poland from Oz? There is free movement in the EU surely, it's not like there are borders to check passports anymore? 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM only surmising at present, but perhaps the reason he is not in Prague is because he cannot enter the country without his Australian passport. If that is the case, the British government are preventing a foreign national (in this case Australian) from plying his trade in another country outside their jurisdiction. And regardless off whether or not the British Home Office grant him a work visa (and why would they not, he has lived and worked in the UK for many years, has a child there along with property ) at present he cannot see his son Max and, trust me, that is causing him massive mental distress.

Its nothing to do with how long he has worked in the UK for or whether he has a child there.

its off track behavior which is preventing his UK visa.... not quite the innocent victim in the whole situation like some are making out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I wouldn’t go that far, he only just got there 

In that case I bet he goes better than usual - if he is not arrested.

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Its nothing to do with how long he has worked in the UK for or whether he has a child there.

its off track behavior which is preventing his UK visa.... not quite the innocent victim in the whole situation like some are making out.

Just now, waytogo28 said:

In that case I bet he goes better than usual - if he is not arrested.

Festering mess! 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM only surmising at present, but perhaps the reason he is not in Prague is because he cannot enter the country without his Australian passport. If that is the case, the British government are preventing a foreign national (in this case Australian) from plying his trade in another country outside their jurisdiction. And regardless off whether or not the British Home Office grant him a work visa (and why would they not, he has lived and worked in the UK for many years, has a child there along with property ) at present he cannot see his son Max and, trust me, that is causing him massive mental distress.

Can’t his wife and son fly over to see him?

Just now, DC2 said:

Can’t his wife and son fly over to see him?

He was never married to her and they split ages ago....

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:
WITH respect, you are missing the point. It is only the British authorities who are questioning his right to work in the UK. not the EU.He can work in Sweden and Poland. He already is. My point is that the British Home Office are retaining his Australian passport while they consider his application. Why can they not request his passport to enter a visa if authorised or if refused would have no need of it. It is not simply about work either. If he had his passport he could at least enter the UK to see his son Max. It seems like bureacratic nonsense.

Well that's the way it works. I have to submit my passport to get visas to travel for work, and sometimes it takes weeks. That's why I have two passports so I can travel on one whilst another one is sitting in the embassy.

The UK government has also stated it wants to create a hostile environment for immigrants, and this is the practical outcome of this. Why should speedway riders expect special treatment - the sport can hardly be considered economically or culturally import to the country. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

Unless he submitted it after he had got to Poland from Oz? There is free movement in the EU surely, it's not like there are borders to check passports anymore? 

You're still supposed to carry identification documentation, which effectively means a passport for Australians. However, you're unlikely to be stopped at the border, so maybe the passport is needed for signing-on at the GP?

Without casting judgement on Chris Holder, or any other rider, if anything on a passport or visa application isn't 100% perfect then it will be rejected.  Case in point: a few years ago mate had loads of hassle re-newing his wife's passport (English, lived in UK all her life, no dodgy past, etc) and it was rejected 3 times.  Myself and others looked over the form but couldn't see anything wrong and following the usual jokes about "refusing passports to undesirables" , we were all stumped.  Then someone noticed his habit of putting a full stop after everything, even every. one. word. answer, as many folk do.  He wrote out the form again, identically but without all the full stops unless where necessary, and it was quickly approved.  Just sayin'....

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Total rubbish and loads of people on the forum know but say nothing !!!!! you are a gobby s. .     who keeps pushing look at me I know something??   you are a total P...   end of.

Edited by Sidney the robin