British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

28 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Without casting judgement on Chris Holder, or any other rider, if anything on a passport or visa application isn't 100% perfect then it will be rejected.  Case in point: a few years ago mate had loads of hassle re-newing his wife's passport (English, lived in UK all her life, no dodgy past, etc) and it was rejected 3 times.  Myself and others looked over the form but couldn't see anything wrong and following the usual jokes about "refusing passports to undesirables" , we were all stumped.  Then someone noticed his habit of putting a full stop after everything, even every. one. word. answer, as many folk do.  He wrote out the form again, identically but without all the full stops unless where necessary, and it was quickly approved.  Just sayin'....

It was reported that he got his passport a long time ago and it's his Visa which is proving difficult.  This is something regularly applied for and there must be a good reason why it has not been renewed.  Maybe he owes tax & NI from previous earnings?  Maybe there has been a crime committed somewhere, either here or in Aus?  Must be something serious to prevent him from earning here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I AM only surmising at present, but perhaps the reason he is not in Prague is because he cannot enter the country without his Australian passport. If that is the case, the British government are preventing a foreign national (in this case Australian) from plying his trade in another country outside their jurisdiction. And regardless off whether or not the British Home Office grant him a work visa (and why would they not, he has lived and worked in the UK for many years, has a child there along with property ) at present he cannot see his son Max and, trust me, that is causing him massive mental distress.

Granted i havent read the rest of this thread just yet, so someone may have said this already, but he CAN come back to this country.  (Whether he is allowed to see his son is another matter). I have no clue why this is being mentioned over and over. He just then couldnt get out of the uk again without emergency travel docs.  And riding speedway isn't an emergency.  He's choosing to stay away.

Kick off time please anybody ?

25 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Total rubbish and loads of people on the forum know but say nothing !!!!! you are a gobby s. .     who keeps pushing look at me I know something??   you are a total P...   end of.

He knows nothing Sid, thats why he hides behind an Alias.. I have him blocked, and it will stay that way..

10 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

He knows nothing Sid, thats why he hides behind an Alias.. I have him blocked, and it will stay that way..

With respect so do you - he can fight his own battles but his name is widely known and has met absolutely loads of listees over the years so i wouldnt call that hiding.

Active on the forums since Newport came back..christ when was that , 1999 ? Blimey..

Most people on here know Pinny! I agree he is a gobby git, but he'd admit that himself :D he's not one to make stuff up, so I rather suspect the fact he is alluding to something that Holder has done off track, will be correct...

• Like 2

Chris holder out on track walk so he is riding.

• Like 1

Hope this tennis is soon over, these girls are dragging it out, inconsiderate really.

• Haha 2

Well done Craig, sensible ride and the points should boost his confidence.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

So your real  name is Starman then ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Time for a prediction for tonight's winner. I'm going for whoever has gate 3 in the final.

I backed Milik e/w @ 33/1, wasn't to happy after ht 1 but he's back in the game now.

Dreadful rubbish so far. Went to Prague for a gp once. Worst part of the weekend. Nearly always a gaters paradise.

I also predict gate 3 to win, and no more than 3 passes at the front all night.

Woffy building up points so far to make the gate his?

Dont think I will feel guilty about turning on the footie at 745pm and having Speedway Updates on phone!

I would have to say hats off to Nigel & Kelvin for making a GP at the most boring circuit on the tour seem semi- exciting.

Turn off the sound. I guarantee you’d want to turn off after a few races!

poor gp so far with little excitement.  Cook again allowing any rider within two metres to pass without a challenge. He has to show more metal.