British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

Janowski decision was wrong, I don't think he changed his line. Freddie's move was hard and if a rider doesn't come down there is hardly ever an exclusion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Sorry the only 2 people who honk it was the wrong decision are 2 Poole fans. Forgive me if I agree with the other 10-15 people who know it was the right decision 

It looked to me that Magic misjudged his timing to cutback on emil & therefore was right to be excluded. 

From a Poole fan. 

• Like 5

interesting talking points,but this the world champs,Tai was just unlucky to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,hard racing but fair.Another talking point was the finish of the race when Dudek had the chance to shut the door on Lingren but didnt.small margins but you have to be tough.world championships are at stake.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Was a borefest for over half the meeting but lighted up enough to enjoy it.  Pedersen out and Janowski out were the correct decisions.  Zagar did a great moveon Doyle in heat 10 and that was the turn around of the meeting. Last few races were just crackers.  Last year in the GPs Freddie was riding particularly clean (compared to what I seen in previous years). He was ok last GP in Poland, and tonight UNTIL the final. What he did was JUST ABOUT ok, in my opinion, but he may pay for it sometime soon if Tai decides he was hard done to and going to get him back. 

Gates  Red 5 wins,   Blue 3 wins,   White 11 wins,    Yellow 4 wins  -  very unbalanced.

Cook can gate, but he is not showing competitive so far at this level. Bikes not got the speed, Craig not got the courage his competitors have. 

But not all races were won from the gate, so these stats are meaningless.

6 hours ago, Jonimac said:

I think it is the “at all costs” I was objecting to.

Absolutely right. 'Win at all costs' in a sport that involves high speeds and no brakes is the sort of attitude that will result in serious injury or worse.

It should never be the case that a rider has to come down for a referee to put on another's exclusion light. If a move is dangerous, its dangerous and it doesn't matter if someone falls.

The question is had Woffinden fallen, who would have been excluded ? 

I think the best riders leave their opponents just enough room which means the opponents skill and bravery comes into play without them actually risking their neck. L

Lindgren didn't do that and I can but wonder what he would have said if Dudek had pulled a similar move coming off the last bend in the final. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Lindgren has always dished it out but cant take it back.

in my opinion its the world title at stake, by all means dish it out but when its returned dont take it like a baby. 

I remember lindgren being extremely vocal about Nicki P, a rider with ten times more ability than him, not so long ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Absolutely right. 'Win at all costs' in a sport that involves high speeds and no brakes is the sort of attitude that will result in serious injury or worse.

It should never be the case that a rider has to come down for a referee to put on another's exclusion light. If a move is dangerous, its dangerous and it doesn't matter if someone falls.

The question is had Woffinden fallen, who would have been excluded ? 

I think the best riders leave their opponents just enough room which means the opponents skill and bravery comes into play without them actually risking their neck. L

Lindgren didn't do that and I can but wonder what he would have said if Dudek had pulled a similar move coming off the last bend in the final. 

As others have said LINDGREN is quick to dish it out but not quite so understanding when it’s him that gets shafted.

I thought it was dangerous and this sort of riding needs addressing with an exclusion, I agree that a rider shouldn’t need to fall and stop the race to get the referee to make a decision.

Pedersen dropped it in his race although the Janowski incident wasn’t so clear cut.

Racing wise apart from the last few races it was gate and go, Prague is a lovely city and well worth a visit but the track is dire and the racing pretty non existent.

• Like 4

don't know what all the fuss is about concerning Fred I thought his pass on Dudek was fair and square. 

35 minutes ago, neb said:

don't know what all the fuss is about concerning Fred I thought his pass on Dudek was fair and square. 

wasn't that fair in my opinionated he should have been excluded in the final for dangerous riding.there is a thin line between being a hard but safe rider and lindgren is hard but not that safe.not surprised tai felt aggrieved.lindgren,if he carries on in that frame of minds going to cause some serious injury somewhere to someone.only a matter of time.

12 hours ago, Jonimac said:

Don’t be silly? How very polite!

I think we can just agree to disagree. Lingren’s not daft. He know’s where it is coming from and who it is.

No one who has watched speedway for years can disagree with killing someone’s momentum but fencing someone is different.

Lingren has been on the decline for years, but has  now started to get his act together and looks like he might be a real,challenger.

He just needs to remember there’s more to being a champion than coming first.

He's been on the decline for years but is now a challenger.  You are arguing with yourself.  And losing.

• Haha 1

Well in all honesty he is right.

his league form was getting worse for years all over but has now found something and is world class.

as for numpty squad Starman and sidney im assuming they will be revealing their identitys now after saying i “hide” behind an alias haha

Freddie is a challenger, but his forceful style of riding is always prone to a spell out injured. Tai on the other hand always looks in control, and will be the man to beat this year imo ...

• Like 1

Even Doyle was complaining that Nicki squeezed him a bit when he passed him,he has short memory some of the moves he has performed.Lindgren moves were hard but that's GP speedway now.Greg even gave Smarslik a touch of his own medicine.Some riders will be wanting indicators fitted next.!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Well in all honesty he is right.

his league form was getting worse for years all over but has now found something and is world class.

as for numpty squad Starman and sidney im assuming they will be revealing their identitys now after saying i “hide” behind an alias haha

Well you can visit go see Starman at any home meeting. He's easy to spot! 

• Haha 1