British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

11 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I did and to me Emil takes Janowski's front wheel. Yes agree Lindgren hard but fair 

No doubt he took Janowski's wheel but should the leading rider be responsible for where the chasing riders front wheel is. Didn't look to me like Emil changed his line to deliberately put his opponent in danger so to me it's a racing incident.

I have sympathy with Janowski but the rules say a rider has to be excluded as the cause of the stoppage so I think the right call was made.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well you can visit go see Starman at any home meeting. He's easy to spot! 

Why would I want to? I live full time in the lovely country of Australia , why on earth would I  travel to Swindon or Poole to meet such a pair of emptyheads ?! 

Hes the one calling me out on hiding behind an alias! Shows how much he knows. As I said before its a pity when the doctors were operating on his brain they didnt replace the whole thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Does it matter if Maciej was at fault or not. It's in the past now and nothing can be done about it.

Same with the Lindgren, Woffinden pass, record books will show Freddie won and Tai came fourth.

Nothing to see here move along.

• Like 2

Glorious weekend in Prague, but at the risk of being hypocritical it's swarming with tourists. Thought it was a reasonable meeting once the processional heats were over but even they were probably better live than it came across on TV.

Can't comment on Woffy v Lindgren from one viewing from the end of the second bend, will need to see replays to form a view, but overall thought Lindgren just deserved to win, even if Dudek should have after a slow start.

Being surrounded by nutty but enthusiastic and friendly Poles made the atmosphere fun, until their first man fell and their second was pipped at the post. Disappointed wasn't the word.

So now all is left to do is a brew pub crawl. Not sure why you would want a big Irish pub with English grub when there is so much superb Czech culture, cuisine and hospitality to enjoy.

Edited by Tactical Joker

There was no space where Woffy wanted to go. Nothing dirty, just  hard riding.

• Like 1

Didn't see the semis and final last night, just watched them back on the net. Thought the Pedersen exclusion was correct, thought Emil should have gone instead of Magic, thought the move from Lindgren in the final was borderline. Lets not forget how aggressively Doyle rode in the last 2 years which should have brought him back to back titles. 

Prague never misses as a GP venue and this weekend was no difference, and if last nights meeting was the last one the SGP series will be poorer with no Czech SGP.

On the meeting, fairly processional early on but with the heat of yesterday, slick conditions that was of no surprise. On the fallen riders, I haven't watched it back from being there yesterday but Pedersen went down on his own, Sayfudinov brought Janowski off and should've been excluded, while the Lindgren move on Woffinden was very hard but just about fair.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

He's been on the decline for years but is now a challenger.  You are arguing with yourself.  And losing.

That’s fine. I understand if english isn’t your first language.

Magic turned back into Emil for me, pretty clear cut.

Thought Freddie was ruthless but not dirty for me, Tai was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Haven't seen any evidence at all of moaning and groaning from him, Pearson was gobbling off about Woffinden not being happy and waiting for Freddie etc but he seems to have taken it on the chin.

Other than that it was a poor, poor GP.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Magic turned back into Emil for me, pretty clear cut.

Thought Freddie was ruthless but not dirty for me, Tai was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Haven't seen any evidence at all of moaning and groaning from him, Pearson was gobbling off about Woffinden not being happy and waiting for Freddie etc but he seems to have taken it on the chin.

Other than that it was a poor, poor GP.

I suspect Tai will have noted Lindgren`s move last night and Tai to be equally aggressive the next time they meet. 

6 hours ago, blupanther said:

Tai on the other hand always looks in control

He didn't look in control in his Swedish league match when he fenced his team mate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not read all of what has been posted. Thought Lindgren's move in the final was tough but there was no need for Woffinden to retire.

Thought both semi final referee decisions were correct.

Pedersen realised he was beat, laid the bike down in hope rather than expectation.

Janowski tried to turn back inside Sayfutdinov, but there wasn't room so he hit the Russian's back wheel.

Edited by Col
  • Like 2

Yes, fairly processional early on, but some good heats later and close finishes, which brought some excitement. Right now, Craig Cook looks a little out of his depth. Looked like a good sized crowd. First SGP I have watched this year (catching up on YouTube the day after).