British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

The organisers need to understand that the quality of the racing is the most important aspect of any SGP. If you were new to speedway you would have turned off the TV as the first 12 heats or so were so boring. Surely a change of venue needs to be threatened to these tracks that seem to consistently produce bad race tracks. Imagine that same SGP at Pardubice? Would have been amazing

My take on the Emil / Magic coming together is that the ref probably got it right but I feel a bit for Janowski. The problem as I see it is that if you exclude the rider making the pass when there is a minor rear wheel / front wheel clash you run the risk of the riders just turning back in and purposely clipping back wheels to earn a rerun and get the opposing rider excluded. 

1 hour ago, James Carter said:

The organisers need to understand that the quality of the racing is the most important aspect of any SGP. If you were new to speedway you would have turned off the TV as the first 12 heats or so were so boring. Surely a change of venue needs to be threatened to these tracks that seem to consistently produce bad race tracks. Imagine that same SGP at Pardubice? Would have been amazing

My take on the Emil / Magic coming together is that the ref probably got it right but I feel a bit for Janowski. The problem as I see it is that if you exclude the rider making the pass when there is a minor rear wheel / front wheel clash you run the risk of the riders just turning back in and purposely clipping back wheels to earn a rerun and get the opposing rider excluded. 

Unless things change Saturday was the last Czech SGP, as their contract with SGP is now at an end. Not so sure a move to Pardubice is on the cards, and to be honest there are no noises coming out of Pardibice or BSI indicating that anyway.

AT least there was more passing in Prague than Monaco or the Rallycross at Silverstone which I attended for the first time. 

• Like 1

After the two semi finals and the final I forgot all about the heats that were boring. I have a question.....shouldn't Tai have kept going in the final in case of a restart? In the case of Majic and Emil I think the fact that Emil was just (about) a bike length ahead might have worked in his favor. On Lingren and Tai incident did anyone see a camera angle from the rear? That would be helpful. No question in my mind that this is shaping up to be a better season than last year. Also want to give a call to Dudek for being a good rider, a good sport and it appears to me a nice fellow.

1 hour ago, New Yorker said:

After the two semi finals and the final I forgot all about the heats that were boring. I have a question.....shouldn't Tai have kept going in the final in case of a restart? In the case of Majic and Emil I think the fact that Emil was just (about) a bike length ahead might have worked in his favor. On Lingren and Tai incident did anyone see a camera angle from the rear? That would be helpful. No question in my mind that this is shaping up to be a better season than last year. Also want to give a call to Dudek for being a good rider, a good sport and it appears to me a nice fellow.

Yes there was a camera shot from behind and it was shown couple or more times. It was tight but Tai was not fully trapped, he was still mostly behind.  I remember seeing the 2013 crash Emil had when Medinski really did closed the gap, trapped Emil and he took a really bad tumble effectively ending Emils hopes of world champ that year (and maybe contributed to his decision to miss the GP series for 3 years).  Some on this forum were saying "the throttle works both ways", meaning Emil didnt shut off to get out of the situation. Well, if that applied to Emil in 2013, then it definately applied to Tai on Saturday in Prague. Had he shut off earlier then the whole situation would not be like it was.  I said it in an earlier post, I think Freddies move was just on the OK side, and Tai had an opportunity to pull out..... but then these guys have extra ordinary courage.

IMO like  hard riding but it still has to be   fair, IMO Lindgren wants to win at all costs. Woffinden does use his brain and can shut off when necessary! I think FL shut the door quite brutal toTW. Mind you, if Dudek had shut the door like this in the last corner?

we don‘t want to see even more bad injuries ... look at FL‘s records, i.e.Melbourne 2016, BL final Belle Vue, his actions v. Kenneth Bjerre. Etc

on the other hand, can‘t remember similar actions from TW. In soccer they are using yellow and red cards ☝️

PS: is anywhere an interview with Taif to find on the subject Prague final heat?

Edited by Navigator1900

Interesting comparison to Sayfutdinov‘s very bad accident in2013, when Miedzinski shut the door. Time will tell if Lindgren can go on like this the whole season. IMO Woffinden was and is the wiser guy.

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AT least there was more passing in Prague than Monaco or the Rallycross at Silverstone which I attended for the first time. 

Did you bump into Paul Bellemy ?

Is he missing the GP’s ?

23 hours ago, Jonimac said:

That’s fine. I understand if english isn’t your first language.

Your first language must be BS  :D

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

So I guess Prague had more spectators and made more money from sponsorship etc then going by your statement!

Even the drivers (Hamilton & Alonso the most vocal) say Monaco this year was a real bore of a race. Reason being they were conserving tyres so they only had to do one pit stop. Now if drivers are saying a race is boring then it really must be very boring cause I been bored with F1 for donkeys years.  All the excitement that speedway can muster up in a really good 1 minute race and the sport hardly gets a mention in the press. You get virtually every other sport being mentioned but nothing about speedway, even when a Brit wins a GP

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Did you bump into Paul Bellemy ?

Is he missing the GP’s ?

BIG day for IMG and Paul at Silverstone. Chalk and cheese from speedway with cars from manufacturers like Audi, Ford, Peugeot, VW, etc along with many major component manufacturers. Personally find RX quite boring to watch, each race seems very much like any other but each to his own. For me no comparison between Silverstone and Warsaw this year. 

But RX is a big money spinner for IMG and it was good to catch up with some of the guys who previously worked on speedway and the delightful Nicola Sands (ex BSI) was there too. Come to think of it, Saturday evening in the hotel bar was the highlight!

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

So I guess Prague had more spectators and made more money from sponsorship etc then going by your statement!

YOU guess wrong. You and I seem to be struggling to understand each other of late. Huge sponsorship in RX. Difficult to judge size of crowd (it was also over two days) in such a large arena. Think Silverstone will be happy. £5 for a small can of lager. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Even the drivers (Hamilton & Alonso the most vocal) say Monaco this year was a real bore of a race. Reason being they were conserving tyres so they only had to do one pit stop. Now if drivers are saying a race is boring then it really must be very boring cause I been bored with F1 for donkeys years.  All the excitement that speedway can muster up in a really good 1 minute race and the sport hardly gets a mention in the press. You get virtually every other sport being mentioned but nothing about speedway, even when a Brit wins a GP

THE one minute race is a strong point. If speedway races were over eight laps (for example) it would rapidly become a turn off.