British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Czech GP prague Saturday 26th May 2018

Just now, PHILIPRISING said:

THE one minute race is a strong point. If speedway races were over eight laps (for example) it would rapidly become a turn off.

MOTORSPORT in general, with the exception of F1, gets very little press.

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE one minute race is a strong point. If speedway races were over eight laps (for example) it would rapidly become a turn off.

Guess it is a matter of opinion.I was reading a journalist reporting his first dirt track(speedway)meeting and he was complaining back in 1929 that the races were mainly settled by the end of the first lap and he thought they were too short.In his opinion other motorbike sports benefited from longer races and speedway would too

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Guess it is a matter of opinion.I was reading a journalist reporting his first dirt track(speedway)meeting and he was complaining back in 1929 that the races were mainly settled by the end of the first lap and he thought they were too short.In his opinion other motorbike sports benefited from longer races and speedway would too

AND you agree with that?

1 minute ago, PHILIPRISING said:

AND you agree with that?

That isn’t important.I am a speedway fan and grew up with the sport.What is important is how millions or shall we say thousands of non-speedway fans view the sport.

1 minute ago, iris123 said:

That isn’t important.I am a speedway fan and grew up with the sport.What is important is how millions or shall we say thousands of non-speedway fans view the sport.

I VERY much doubt that longer races would provide the panacea we are all desperate to find

Just watched this on Youtube.

I think Scott Nicholls was bang on correct with his opinions on the two exclusions.

I can't understand why Kelvin Tatum can't see what is reasonably obvious.

• Thanks 1

Had to go back and watch the final a few times in slow motion. I noticed that Tai kept going the full race but was running at least the last lap just inside the white line and as the riders were setting up for the last turn there was Tai just tooling around quite near the line. Wouldn't this be considered a distraction for the riders who were still racing (as Taicould have been)? Being that there is an ocean between us I will say that was poor sportsmanship. Also if I was the race director Nikki would have sat out the next GP for giving me the finger especially for a call that I didn't make.

First trip to Prague this year, absolutely loved it. Nice medium between the glamour GPs in big stadiums and what I deem as the almost unacceptable GPs that are somehow still run in fields with little to no facilities.

Was fairly close to the action so even with no over taking its quite a spectacle (although I appreciate that doesn't translate onto TV) After Zagar's overtake of Doyle it heated up and 2nd half of meeting there was some cracking racing. Be gutted if Prague went from the series. Really was very enjoyable GP in a lovely little stadium in a brilliant city. 

Edited by Tex

I think it would be good if they had a gp at Pardubice and ran some shuttle buses from Prague so people could stay there.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

I think it would be good if they had a gp at Pardubice and ran some shuttle buses from Prague so people could stay there.

A couple of special Trains would be ideal IMO.

May get shot down but Freddie Lindgren did nothing wrong in the final.  Just hard riding.   He was leading Tai and shut the door.   It will happen back to Fred at some stage of the season.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 2

On 5/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

Nothing new in that. 75% of races now are a turn off after 1 lap. We could try 50 ONE lap races? Possibly more exciting when new fans realised that starting and taking the first two turns are nearly all that counts anyway. In UK league racing at least.

Edited by waytogo28
Additional point made

7 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Nothing new in that. 75% of races now are a turn off after 1 lap. We could try 50 ONE lap races? Possibly more exciting when new fans realised that starting and taking the first two turns are nearly all that counts anyway. In UK league racing at least.

NO worse than F! or rallycross. Not sure how you calculated 75 per cent however.

36 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO worse than F! or rallycross. Not sure how you calculated 75 per cent however.

at least 12 ( or on a good night 11 ) races are over coming-out of the second bend first time around. So more likely 80% .