British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecoombdog

Cardiff Accommodation

I know this is probably done to death every year but can anyone recommend cheap accommodation for the Saturday? I normally train it on the day from Swindon but that was a mare last year  I stayed at the uni one year but doesn't look to be any rooms left for this year . Thanks in advance

I have just had a look and Cardiff is ridiculous money- there are a few hotels in Newport for under £100 which is what I would suggest. For the last few years I have trained it from Reading and ok last year it rained but have always got on the 8.26 pm train no problem- which has reminded me that the train tickets go on sale next week.

Edit last train from Cardiff to Newport is 23.18 arr 23.35

Edited by racers and royals

Cardiff University usually have rooms available noting spectacular usually single bed an ensuite but very clean and city centre location.  Was around £25-£30 a night few years ago. 

Used to have website link but lost it.  

38 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Cardiff University usually have rooms available noting spectacular usually single bed an ensuite but very clean and city centre location.  Was around £25-£30 a night few years ago. 

Used to have website link but lost it.  

Yeah thats where I stayed previously but I couldn't find any rooms this year. Hopefully im looking at the wrong website and someone will point me in the right direction!

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I have just had a look and Cardiff is ridiculous money- there are a few hotels in Newport for under £100 which is what I would suggest. For the last few years I have trained it from Reading and ok last year it rained but have always got on the 8.26 pm train no problem- which has reminded me that the train tickets go on sale next week.

Edit last train from Cardiff to Newport is 23.18 arr 23.35

Thanks mate. Newport is a possibility!

Try www.booking.com for a search in whatever area you wish to stay ?

58 minutes ago, Mark said:

Try www.booking.com for a search in whatever area you wish to stay ?

Tried that and looked very expensive everywhere. Basically I'm just trying to find somewhere dirt cheap where I can pass out hammered for a few hours before getting the train home in the morning! I was hoping someone on here might be aware of somewhere like that.

I have just arranged to go to Cardiff with my wife and grandchildren. The seats that we have had in years past, which were perfectly affordable are now £80. Sorry, but with coach travel, programme, drinks, meals etc.it is too much. Sorry Jason, I will be supporting you from my TV listening to Nigel and Kelvin.  Crazy money and we are not even talking hotel rooms here. 

3 hours ago, bill94d said:

I have just arranged to go to Cardiff with my wife and grandchildren. The seats that we have had in years past, which were perfectly affordable are now £80. Sorry, but with coach travel, programme, drinks, meals etc.it is too much. Sorry Jason, I will be supporting you from my TV listening to Nigel and Kelvin.  Crazy money and we are not even talking hotel rooms here. 

reason why so many are ditching Cardiff and going to Poland .. it's a shame because the atmosphere at Cardiff is good too, but if they price themselves out of it then it will only get worse

5 hours ago, bill94d said:

I buy £19 tickets,  use a free app instead of a programme & eat before we go into the stadium (with a voucher if I can find one). Pretty cheap if you want it to be. 

Hotels I agree can be pricey but I've never paid more than £90 a night in all the years I've been going.

• Like 2

bookaccommodation@cardiff.ac.uk

put speedway in subject

they will let you know if any rooms available

failing that closer to the time someone may have a spare room at uni that they can let you have

Swindon supporters club are running a coach leaving from the county ground, admittedly its not overnight accommodation but it will get you back near home

Edited by Triple.H.
remembered the coach

16 hours ago, Noodles said:

I buy £19 tickets,  use a free app instead of a programme & eat before we go into the stadium (with a voucher if I can find one). Pretty cheap if you want it to be. 

Hotels I agree can be pricey but I've never paid more than £90 a night in all the years I've been going.

Could I ask what fee app you use Noodles ?

36 minutes ago, tyke said:

Could I ask what fee app you use Noodles ?

'Speedway Programme' by Krzysztof Krygiel on android - free on Google Play.

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

bookaccommodation@cardiff.ac.uk

put speedway in subject

they will let you know if any rooms available

failing that closer to the time someone may have a spare room at uni that they can let you have

Swindon supporters club are running a coach leaving from the county ground, admittedly its not overnight accommodation but it will get you back near home

or just book yourself using on their website, rooms are still available.

2 minutes ago, Noodles said:

'Speedway Programme' by Krzysztof Krygiel on android - free on Google Play.

Thank you.

I have an iphone so dont think its compatible.

Ill ask one of the grandkids to look at it for me. (showing my age & lack of tech nous)

I'm going over to Warsaw for the 1st grand prix and would appreciate anything of the like