British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecoombdog

Cardiff Accommodation

Going to Cardiff and Poland this year usually give Cardiff a miss for a year or two to ease the cost, bite the bullet and stay in Cardiff :)

50 minutes ago, tyke said:

Thank you.

I have an iphone so dont think its compatible.

Ill ask one of the grandkids to look at it for me. (showing my age & lack of tech nous)

I'm going over to Warsaw for the 1st grand prix and would appreciate anything of the like

Just checked my GF phone and it doesn't appear to be available on iPhone, sorry.  

11 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Just checked my GF phone and it doesn't appear to be available on iPhone, sorry.  

No problem. Thank you for checking, much appreciated

On 28/04/2018 at 12:50 PM, Noodles said:

'Speedway Programme' by Krzysztof Krygiel on android - free on Google Play.

Late response but thanks for the tip off. Just downloaded it and looks good. Will trial it tomorrow night.

To save on the costs of the hotel we once booked a hotel  3 miles out of town.    What a joke that was,   we then paid  £45 to get a taxi into town.     4 trip @ £45 =  £180  just on taxi fares,   

Sure was false economy.     :shock:

People seem to overlook Bristol, plenty of accommodation for all budgets, only 47mins  on the train to Cardiff, and its a great place to stay over umpteen things to do.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 4

Close enough for the Pairs on a Friday night as well.

• Like 1

I stay in cardiff often with work in good hotels , once asked for a price for a room on the grand prix dates was quoted 4 times the rate on that day " because of an event at the stadium" needless to say we watch on tv.

• Like 1

i stay in Bristol do the pairs friday cardiff saturday, works perfect

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

I've stayed in hotels up until now, but my wife suggested Air BnB for this year and we found a reasonably priced room for £75 p/n walking distance to Cardiff Centre and free parking etc....

Berwick Bandits Supporters Club 1 nights accommodation in Swindon as we are going to watch Swindon v Somerset, 2 nights in Cardiff plus bus fare £200 per person.

Hi....I have 2 nights hotel accommodation at the Exchange Hotel in Cardiff, check in n the Friday,check out on Sunday...at a cost of £280,unfortunately I'm unable to go now so I'm looking too sell on for £150,I can supply a copy of the booking form as proof..if of any interest too someone please message me...Ian

Edited by flik118

Booked up to go down this year first time in 5 years taking along my dad (first GP in 10 years) and also my Son (first GP ever).  

Managed to get 2 rooms at Cardiff university about 20min walk from centre for £100.  Two nights as we will head to Somerset for pairs on Fri.  Looking forward to it.  

They have limited rooms available so would get in quick if anyone still debating.  

Edited by Cj69

I have used the same booking for the last 5 years but unfortunately she has sold up and they have built a new road on what was a stunning little B and B , I have managed though to find two nights in a very nice hotel in Newport for £120 inc Breakfast so happy with that as that enables the trip again to the Pairs and the GP on the Sat ...

On 4/27/2018 at 2:49 PM, bill94d said:

I have just arranged to go to Cardiff with my wife and grandchildren. The seats that we have had in years past, which were perfectly affordable are now £80. Sorry, but with coach travel, programme, drinks, meals etc.it is too much. Sorry Jason, I will be supporting you from my TV listening to Nigel and Kelvin.  Crazy money and we are not even talking hotel rooms here. 

I normally make a racecard which you can print off, PM me if you want one of those