British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

5 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

None in Lynn yet either buy plenty of drying wind:wink:

What shop can you get some drying wind from,and how much is it:D

Has barely been any rain in Wolverhampton over the weekend, none so far today that I have seen.  Can't see weather being an issue unless a severe storm appears between now & tapes up.  That said if you are going wear layers, the wind all weekend has had a chilling effect.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

What shop can you get some drying wind from,and how much is it:D

Holland & Barrett, got buy one, get the next for a pound.Bring you own container.

Going tonight on the bike as well, now we have only a few meetings I'm going to see if there's an inner wolf in me trying to get out like it did when I watched them for about 10 years before we came back. Hope I can live with myself ;-)

28 minutes ago, bruno said:

Going tonight on the bike as well, now we have only a few meetings I'm going to see if there's an inner wolf in me trying to get out like it did when I watched them for about 10 years before we came back. Hope I can live with myself ;-)

Hope you enjoy it, at least you got Ash Morris riding, and he's in fine form, 14+2 for Newcasle yesterday

• Like 1

I cant believe that the BSPA wasted precious time at their  AGM   coming up with rule   that puts a rider back on 15mtr  to safeguard  they're original positions when the race was stopped...

As if that is the most important problem we have ...  :D  :D

• Like 2

He's saving it in case we need to put Lambert in heat 14  to try a rescue a point, if necessary ...;)      either that or he's forgotten about it...  

I  would have put he in Ht 10   or  11

Just now, g13webb said:

He's saving it in case we need to put Lambert in heat 14  to try a rescue a point, if necessary ...;)      either that or he's forgotten about it...  

I  would have put he in Ht 10   or  11

He's in ht 12 instead of Andersen

I think the referee isn't using the 15m rule correctly. I was under the impression that this ruling was only to be used if a rider was intentionally not clearing the track

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think the referee isn't using the 15m rule correctly. I was under the impression that this ruling was only to be used if a rider was intentionally not clearing the track

15.8.1 If the Referee stops a heat, following an incident or accident, where the rider causing the stoppage and his team partner were in third and fourth place and a re-run is called with one of those riders excluded, the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap in gate position c or d (the opposing team does not change positions).

Doesn't say anything about not clearing the track.

• Like 1

Another typical BSPA written rule.    ''the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap''     That word HAS means the ref can do as he/she  likes.     It always leaves the door open for discretion... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Another typical BSPA written rule.    ''the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap''     That word HAS means the ref can do as he/she  likes.     It always leaves the door open for discretion... 

Surely it is the referee's job.Like in football if he believes a player took a dive he gives a free kick and might even book the player for diving.It's down to the referee to make the decisions during the match whether he's right or wrong.