British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

'in the best interest of British speedway' rules.

I thought that this was THE rule that trumps all others and allows for referees / promoters / a fan who stopped going in 1999 to decide " what is in the best interests of British speedway". They have been doing this for at least 20 years now and the result is - well, we all know that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm confused. I thought the one over eight rule was very much present but the reassessment of GP riders was the phantom rule which was only talked about but not confirmed?

To confuse things even more, it's what averages certain riders like Woffinden, Zagar, Pawlicki etc. could now return on, and then also teams who no longer have an 8+ rider, can they now sign an over 8 rider or are they still restricted as they had started with one previously? It's all abit messy with no real answers forthcoming.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm confused. I thought the one over eight rule was very much present but the reassessment of GP riders was the phantom rule which was only talked about but not confirmed?

That's my understanding aswell but I was under the impression that the 1 over 8 rule was only for initial team declarations. Currently BV have 2 riders averaging over 8 and Wolves have 3. After the new GSA's are released after 4h and 4a meetings what's to stop a team making a like for like change of one of these riders as that is allowed within the rules without redeclaring

17 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

That's my understanding aswell but I was under the impression that the 1 over 8 rule was only for initial team declarations. Currently BV have 2 riders averaging over 8 and Wolves have 3. After the new GSA's are released after 4h and 4a meetings what's to stop a team making a like for like change of one of these riders as that is allowed within the rules without redeclaring

That's where the issue will really come into effect - if a team wants to re-declare by replacing one rider over 8 with another, but also have a second rider over 8. Will they be prevented from doing that?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you're right.

Tbh, I've given up these days even trying to work it out!

The 1 rider over 8 was for the initial team declaration only. After a team has reach their first greensheets (4h 4a) you can have as many riders over 8 as you wish within the 42.5 points limit or like for like replacement. 

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Revised green sheet averages have already been released

4 home 4 away no longer being applied (apart from non 2017 riders)

Back to 20 meeting rolling averages including 2017 meetings

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

40 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The 1 rider over 8 was for the initial team declaration only. After a team has reach their first greensheets (4h 4a) you can have as many riders over 8 as you wish within the 42.5 points limit or like for like replacement. 

Really? That's asking for average manipulation is it not?

Might explain Poole's slow start.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Really? That's asking for average manipulation is it not?

Might explain Poole's slow start.

Absolutely, currently Poole averages show they can replace Shanes with Holder and Holder's average is less than 8.

But there is also a rule that is 'in the best interests of British Speedway'. I'm pretty sure if a team tried to re-declare with 9+9+9+6+4+3.5+2 the BSPA would throw it out 

No, all riders who weren't here last year are are still listed as their starting average as they haven't completed the necessary number of meetings for a rolling average. If indeed these rolling averages are being used Poole are the major losers from it as their riders averages for this year total 37.79 where as their rolling averages over 20 meetings total 41.2. (Due to 4 riders still on their startimg average). Thats a major difference

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Can you show me the rule that confirms that then,  thanks. 

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Still infatuated with Wolves I see

And still making guff up.