British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

On 27/04/2018 at 5:10 PM, Call me wolfie said:

From what I remember of Proctor he was very disappointing for us

He was?

More than did his job and an integral part of the 2009 title winning side!

Had a serious injury just as he was really beginning to make strides.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

2014, scored between 4-6 points at home usually although did manage 9 points on one occasion, dropped from heatleader to second string mid season so can't have been his best season

2014 the Heat Format was very different, most 3rd heat leaders were struggling to score many pts that year.

He averaged 6.42 inc bonus pts at home that year.

I see the weather forecast is more favourable  now  with the risk of rain dropping to  5%.    .   so I see no reason why this meeting will not run.....

Sticking to my  original  thought  of 48 -42 home win......    meaning the Stars get a welcome away point.......

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

I see the weather forecast is more favourable  now  with the risk of rain dropping to  5%.    .   so I see no reason why this meeting will not run.....

Sticking to my  original  thought  of 48 -42 home win......    meaning the Stars get a welcome away point.......

Hope you’re right on both accounts, go Stars :)

On 28/04/2018 at 7:05 PM, BWitcher said:

He was?

More than did his job and an integral part of the 2009 title winning side!

Had a serious injury just as he was really beginning to make strides.

My apologies, 2009 is a bit before my time I'm afraid

Although living just round the corner I'm giving this a wide berth due to weather

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

My apologies, 2009 is a bit before my time I'm afraid

No need to apologise.

I understand if 2014 is your abiding memory, wasn't exactly a vintage year for the team as a whole.

The heat format was very, very different then though.

On 4/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, Bagpuss said:

This will be off hours before start time looking at the forecast.

Are you sure:rolleyes:.Have you been watching Michael Fish again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Are you sure:rolleyes:.Have you been watching Michael Fish again.

Delighted to be proved wrong :D they've not got today right either so far, just bits and pieces of rain rather than the predicted deluge. If they get Wednesday wrong too we might even see some speedway B)

Edited by Bagpuss

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Delighted to be proved wrong :D they've not got today right either so far, just bits and pieces of rain rather than the predicted deluge. If they get Wednesday wrong too we might even see some speedway on Wednesday B)

We haven't had any rain at all in Wisbech yet,bloody cold and windy though.Hope the forecast is wrong for Wednesday i just want to see some speedway.I know people will moan about the make-up of the team but it's still 4 men racing bikes and hopefully we will get some good racing.

Approx 2 miles from  the track ( at work) Cold this morning, but dry, so no problems at the moment. Looking forward to seeing Iversen and Lambert ride, particularly Niels. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tellboy said:

We haven't had any rain at all in Wisbech yet,bloody cold and windy though.Hope the forecast is wrong for Wednesday i just want to see some speedway.I know people will moan about the make-up of the team but it's still 4 men racing bikes and hopefully we will get some good racing.

Same in Fakenham, dry roads here although five miles up the road towards Norwich it's a bit wetter. BBC still predicting heavier rain later today, we shall see.

Edited by Bagpuss

Is Kyle riding? Listed on the official site but missed Sheffield's match yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Same in Fakenham, dry roads here although five miles up the road towards Norwich it's a bit wetter. BBC still predicting heavier rain later today, we shall see.

None in Lynn yet either buy plenty of drying wind:wink:

• Like 1