British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Wolves V's Kings Lynn Stars. Mon 30-04-2018

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Be madness to replace Schlein, even with Lindgren. Schlein is always consistent and very reliable. If Wolverhampton wants Lindgren back in it would have to be Thorsell that goes. 

Schlein adds so much more to the team than just being a rider scoring points. He puts his heart and soul into every club he represents.

I'd say it would be cruel.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd say it would be cruel.

But not possible so not even a valid point to discuss. 

15 hours ago, tellboy said:

15.8.1 If the Referee stops a heat, following an incident or accident, where the rider causing the stoppage and his team partner were in third and fourth place and a re-run is called with one of those riders excluded, the Referee has the sole discretion to order that the remaining team partner will start on a 15 metre handicap in gate position c or d (the opposing team does not change positions).

Doesn't say anything about not clearing the track.

I think the rule is there to cover a number of options - (a) riders staying down deliberately, (b) where the remaining rider is adrift of the 2 riders in front. It only seems fair to me in these 2 options that the referee should have the discretion not to penalise the riders in front by allowing the remaining opponent to get back on level terms in the rerun.

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I didn't realise Steve. I don't look at the rule book. It's hard enough working out what feet to put my shoes on in the mornings :wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Why is that?

However, I agree, pointless discussion as it would never happen barring injury.

Edited by BWitcher

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

No, people said if we end up with Schlein as our No 1 at season end, we'll be absolutely nowhere. I still stand by that.

He's riding at No 4 at present. 

It's not at home where the questions needs to be answered, it's on the road.. where at the first time of asking, we didn't come up with the goods.

Long way to go yet though and more positives than negatives so far on the season.

I suggest you reread the thread, all I said was Rory was the most likely to challenge Jacob for the no 1 spot, and you said you couldn't believe I picked Rory over Sam. At no point did I say Rory was our best rider, although on current form he arguably is

24 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I suggest you reread the thread, all I said was Rory was the most likely to challenge Jacob for the no 1 spot, and you said you couldn't believe I picked Rory over Sam. At no point did I say Rory was our best rider, although on current form he arguably is

Fair enough, over the course of the season I stand by that. If Schlein is elevated to Number 1, it's a lot tougher. Could be some swapping around as the season goes on.

11 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Fair enough, over the course of the season I stand by that. If Schlein is elevated to Number 1, it's a lot tougher. Could be some swapping around as the season goes on.

It's certainly going to be interesting

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I didn't realise Steve. I don't look at the rule book. It's hard enough working out what feet to put my shoes on in the mornings :wink:

That's assuming the rules are the same as the start of the season of course! 

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Why is that?

However, I agree, pointless discussion as it would never happen barring injury.

One rider over 8 rule. If hypothetically Schlein becomes our number one and Jacob drops below 8 it still wouldn't be permitted. Assuming again that the BSPA stick to the rules.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

That's assuming the rules are the same as the start of the season of course! 

One rider over 8 rule. If hypothetically Schlein becomes our number one and Jacob drops below 8 it still wouldn't be permitted. Assuming again that the BSPA stick to the rules.

Wasn't it established that rule never even existed?

29 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Wasn't it established that rule never even existed?

It wasn't established at all.

Why would some promoters and riders  mention it if it wasn't true?

Either way there is no conclusive evidence that it was or wasn't. 

Zagar mentioned it in a tweet and I was present at the talk in that Pete Adams discussed it.

Another of those rules that they might use of its 'in the best interest of British speedway' rules. 

33 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

It wasn't established at all.

Why would some promoters and riders  mention it if it wasn't true?

Either way there is no conclusive evidence that it was or wasn't. 

Zagar mentioned it in a tweet and I was present at the talk in that Pete Adams discussed it.

Another of those rules that they might use of its 'in the best interest of British speedway' rules. 

If it exists, it would be in the rules. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

If it exists, it would be in the rules. 

Since when has anything important been included in the rules? ?

They are already changing the rules on the new rolling averages. Nothing is ever clear or actual.

Ford has already said he would have used Piotr if he hadn't been reassessed to 9, PA confirmed Piotr had asked for his name to be circulated. 

Zagar has already mentioned that he had been ruled out of Britain due to being reassessed as a GP rider on a 9.

Adams said Woffy was considering a return till he was ruled out by the GP 9 point ruling. 

Seems to have been dropped after a very short time. As it stands it's yet again open to interpretation what averages riders would come back into the league on.

The usual bumblings from the BSPA. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Since when has anything important been included in the rules? ?

They are already changing the rules on the new rolling averages. Nothing is ever clear or actual.

Ford has already said he would have used Piotr if he hadn't been reassessed to 9, PA confirmed Piotr had asked for his name to be circulated. 

Zagar has already mentioned that he had been ruled out of Britain due to being reassessed as a GP rider on a 9.

Adams said Woffy was considering a return till he was ruled out by the GP 9 point ruling. 

Seems to have been dropped after a very short time. As it stands it's yet again open to interpretation what averages riders would come back into the league on.

The usual bumblings from the BSPA. 

"British Speedway's Premiership will be ran on two fixed nights on Monday and Wednesday to avoid clashes with Championship clubs"

"British Speedway's Premiership will now be ran on three fixed nights, Monday and Wednesday and Thursday which will now clash with Championship clubs"

"Riders must not get off their bikes at the tapes and prepare their start area"....

"Riders can now get off their bikes at the tapes and prepare their start area"...

"We won't be using rolling averages this season"....

"We will be using rolling averages this season"...

"To me Barry"..

"To you Paul"...

"To you Barry"

"To me Paul"....

"To you"...

"To me"...

"To you"...

"To me"....

etc etc etc for the next six months...

British Speedway, sponsored by Chucklevision...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm confused. I thought the one over eight rule was very much present but the reassessment of GP riders was the phantom rule which was only talked about but not confirmed?

• Like 1